Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Removing files older than 7 days Post 302115050 by texasoeb on Friday 20th of April 2007 11:43:30 AM
Old 04-20-2007
Removing files older than 7 days

Script help, I need to delete files that are older than 7 days. I do that automatically but I know that a cron job can do the job for me. Any help is greatly appreciated, as you can see, I am a DOS or WINDOWS guy. Little on UNIX. Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar files older than 30 days

Hi there, I am trying to tar a number of files held in a specific folder. I am only interested in archiving files older than 30 days. Having read through the man entries and all available documentation I thought I'd cracked the coomand with tar -c -z -v -N 15/04/2004 -f /wfch.tar * This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wfch
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I want to delete folder/files older than 7 days. Im using the command below. find /test/test1 -mtime +7 -print0 | xargs -0 rm -Rf /test/test1/* which works ok, but it deletes the test1 folder as well which i dont want. The test1 folder will have a list of sub-folders which in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shezam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files older than 30 days

Dear Friends, I have two queries. 1) I want to see the list of folders which were created 29 days ago. 2) I want to see the folders in which last created file is older than 29 days. Can it be done? Thank you in advance Anushree (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Find files older than 10 days

What command arguments I can use in unix to list files older than 10 days in my current directory, but I don't want to list the hidden files. find . -type f -mtime +15 -print will work but, it is listing all the hidden files., which I don't want. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the files which are older than 7 days

Hi Frnds, I have to list the files which are older than 7 days in the given directory. it should consider only the files and should not show subdirectories. Thanks, Raja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing files older than n days

Hi, on AIX 6.1, is there any commande line to remove the files older than n days in a directory ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files older than 30 days old

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and remove them. The problem is that these files are too many and when i run this command: find * -mtime +30 | xargs rm I run this command inside the directory and it returns the error: /usr/bin/find:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files older than 50 days

Hi All, OS :- HP-UX wm5qa B.11.23 U ia64 1119805695 unlimited-user license I need to search files older than 50 days. I've used following command in order to search desired files, I also discoverd, it's showing today's files as well. Do you have any clue with this ? wmqa1> find .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
4 Replies
CYR_EXPIRE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     CYR_EXPIRE(8)

NAME
cyr_expire - expire messages and duplicate delivery database entries SYNOPSIS
cyr_expire [ -C config-file ] [ -D delete-days ] -E expire-days [ -X expunge-days ] [ -p mailbox-prefix ] [ -v ] DESCRIPTION
Cyr_expire is used to expire messages and duplicate delivery database entries. Cyr_expire also cleanses mailboxes of partially expunged messages (when using the "delayed" expunge mode). The expiration of messages is controlled by the /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire mailbox annotation which specifies the age (in days) of messages in the given mailbox that should be deleted. Any duplicate delivery database entries which correspond to the mailbox are also deleted at the same frequency. The value of the /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotation is inherited by all children of the given mailbox, so an entire mailbox tree can be expired by seting a single annotation on the root of that tree. If a mailbox does not have a /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotation set on it (or does not inherit one), then no messages are expired from the mailbox. Cyr_expire reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -D delete-days Remove previously deleted mailboxes older than delete-days (when using the "delayed" delete mode). -E expire-days Prune the duplicate database of entries older than expire-days. This value is only used for entries which do not have a correspond- ing /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire mailbox annotation. -X expunge-days Expunge previously deleted messages older than expunge-days (when using the "delayed" expunge mode). -x Do not expunge messages even if using delayed expunge mode (reduces the IO hit considerably, allowing you to run cyr_expire fre- quently to clean up the duplicate database without overloading your server) -p mailbox-prefix Only find mailboxes starting with this prefix. e.g. "user.justgotspammedlots" -v Enable verbose output. -a Skip the annotation lookup, so all /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotations are ignored entirely. It behaves as if they were not set, so only expire-days is considered for all mailboxes. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
imapd.conf(5), master(8) CMU
Project Cyrus CYR_EXPIRE(8)