Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi Post 302114972 by Awanka on Thursday 19th of April 2007 09:37:55 PM
Old 04-19-2007
Much thanks Reborg. I'm thinking of putting you on retainer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic number of parameter

Hi all Is there away to create a script with dynamic number of parameter.. like the kill command in UNIX kill -9 xxx xxx cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: co0oly
4 Replies

2. Programming

Pass parameter from a child make to a parent

Hello, I have the following problem: I have makefileproj and makefilemod in a build process for a complex project - from makefileproj I call the makefilemod. In makefilemod I generate a list containing objects eg,: "../../../25_Build/Results/Objects/FBL/Fls.o... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marina_lmv
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command that takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in parameter

Hi I am looking for a unix command or a small shell script which can takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in the parameter in any or all files under say /home/dev/ Can anyone please help me on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell help - Using parameter to create variable names

I'm using korn shell and I am wondering if it's possible to use a parameter passed into a function to build a variable name in a configuration file. I have the function in one source file, I'd like to have a global configuration file instead of hardcoding logins to each script. So I have a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrevello
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make dynamic variable names for use in while loop?

i=0 while do sizesfor0=`cat 16 | grep 'pickSize' -A 1 | grep '_sz' | cut -d'_' -f1` sizesfor0=${sizesfor0//id=\"lll/:} IFS=: array0=( $sizesfor0 ) echo ${array0} i=$(( $i + 1 )) done So, right now I have two variables in the while statement above sizesfor0 and array0 The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phpchick
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the parameter value from the parameter file in perl?

hi all, i have a parameter file of following format, i want a method which can get the value of specific parameter. parameter file format: <Parameter Name="FileLocationWindows"> <Description> The directory location of the logger file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmikant.hcl
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolving a parameter which is passed as parameter

Hi, I have the following files. ->cat scr.sh export TMP_DIR=/home/user/folder1 export TMP_DIR_2=/home/user/folder2 while read line do cat "$line" done<file_list.dat ------------------------ -> cat file_list.dat $TMP_DIR/file1.txt $TMP_DIR_2/file2.txt --------------------------- -> cat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barath
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Script with Parameter (that has another parameter)

Hi. How do I achieve this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh "@/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql ${file_name}" Complete_List.txt The /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh has two parameters and it's working fine with this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash.

Hello All, Could you please do help me here as I would like to perform parameter expansion in shell over a parameter expansion. Let's say I have following variable. path="/var/talend/nat/cdc" Now to get only nat I could do following. path1="${path%/*}" path1="${path1##*/}" Here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
putbq(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						 putbq(9F)

NAME
putbq - place a message at the head of a queue SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> int putbq(queue_t *q, mblk_t *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
q Pointer to the queue. bp Pointer to the message block. DESCRIPTION
putbq() places a message at the beginning of the appropriate section of the message queue. There are always sections for high priority and ordinary messages. If other priority bands are used, each will have its own section of the queue, in priority band order, after high prior- ity messages and before ordinary messages. putbq() can be used for ordinary, priority band, and high priority messages. However, unless precautions are taken, using putbq() with a high priority message is likely to lead to an infinite loop of putting the message back on the queue, being rescheduled, pulling it off, and putting it back on. This function is usually called when bcanput(9F) or canput(9F) determines that the message cannot be passed on to the next stream compo- nent. The flow control parameters are updated to reflect the change in the queue's status. If QNOENB is not set, the service routine is enabled. RETURN VALUES
putbq() returns 1 upon success and 0 upon failure. Note - Upon failure, the caller should call freemsg(9F) to free the pointer to the message block. CONTEXT
putbq() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
See the bufcall(9F) function page for an example of putbq(). SEE ALSO
bcanput(9F), bufcall(9F), canput(9F), getq(9F), putq(9F) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 28 Aug 2001 putbq(9F)