Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: properties for vi
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers properties for vi Post 302114969 by Ygor on Thursday 19th of April 2007 08:57:46 PM
Old 04-19-2007
Try setting the environment variables ROWS and COLUMNS. You can do this manually or use resize:
Code:
eval $(resize)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory properties

I have set up php shop and it required command line access which i have I executed the install.pl script and everything went OK but when I tried to access the admin foler via the www @ www.helloni.co.uk/shophtml/admin/ i get a forbidden error. I know I have to change the attribs of the folder... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trekker
8 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Hash Funtion properties

Here are some desirable properties for cryptographic hash functions: These properties below are generally considered prerequisites: * Preimage resistant: given h it should be hard to find any m such that h = hash(m). * Second preimage resistant: given an input m1, it should be hard... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newkidintown
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do properties effect script?

Hi, I have noticed that rm -if will perform completely different to rm -fi. Whats the pattern of how I put my options to the script in relation to how it will act. i.e rm -fi treat the remove as interative but rm -if treats it as forced Thansk, Chris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chiefos
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting image properties

How can I get heigth and width of an image file? It's possible to do without ImageMagick or other third libraries?? Thank you very much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Properties

Hi All, I have a code below but i have problems trying to execute "cat $jpg". Can anybody give me any advise? Is there something wrong with my syntax ? #!/bin/csh set qqq = 123 set www = 456 set jpg = ( $qqq $www ) cat $jpg Output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Depot file properties

Hi How can we identify the informations like Author, meta data, dependency and other information from a depot file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sethumadhavan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File properties

Hi , I do have a line in my code as follows: if ] ; then ... else ... fi What does the -z does ? Similarly there is -s in some other part of the code. I guess there are many options like this.. Can anybody please tell what all options are available and what do they mean ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: statistical properties

Hi A bash script, after some operations, return with an array. My goal is to calculate some statistical properties (hopefully still in bash) of that array, (like mean, variance, max_value and min_value). For the max, mean and the min it seems work, but for the variance the notation is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireBriefOpen(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireBriefOpen(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireBriefOpen - Close filehandles as soon as possible after opening them. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
One way that production systems fail unexpectedly is by running out of filehandles. Filehandles are a finite resource on every operating system that I'm aware of, and running out of them is virtually impossible to recover from. The solution is to not run out in the first place. What causes programs to run out of filehandles? Usually, it's leaks: you open a filehandle and forget to close it, or just wait a really long time before closing it. This problem is rarely exposed by test systems, because the tests rarely run long enough or have enough load to hit the filehandle limit. So, the best way to avoid the problem is 1) always close all filehandles that you open and 2) close them as soon as is practical. This policy takes note of calls to "open()" where there is no matching "close()" call within "N" lines of code. If you really need to do a lot of processing on an open filehandle, then you can move that processing to another method like this: sub process_data_file { my ($self, $filename) = @_; open my $fh, '<', $filename or croak 'Failed to read datafile ' . $filename . '; ' . $OS_ERROR; $self->_parse_input_data($fh); close $fh; return; } sub _parse_input_data { my ($self, $fh) = @_; while (my $line = <$fh>) { ... } return; } As a special case, this policy also allows code to return the filehandle after the "open" instead of closing it. Just like the close, however, that "return" has to be within the right number of lines. From there, you're on your own to figure out whether the code is promptly closing the filehandle. The STDIN, STDOUT, and STDERR handles are exempt from this policy. CONFIGURATION
This policy allows "close()" invocations to be up to "N" lines after their corresponding "open()" calls, where "N" defaults to 9. You can override this to set it to a different number with the "lines" setting. To do this, put entries in a .perlcriticrc file like this: [InputOutput::RequireBriefOpen] lines = 5 CAVEATS
"IO::File->new" This policy only looks for explicit "open" calls. It does not detect calls to "CORE::open" or "IO::File->new" or the like. Is it the right lexical? We don't currently check for redeclared filehandles. So the following code is false negative, for example, because the outer scoped filehandle is not closed: open my $fh, '<', $file1 or croak; if (open my $fh, '<', $file2) { print <$fh>; close $fh; } This is a contrived example, but it isn't uncommon for people to use $fh for the name of the filehandle every time. Perhaps it's time to think of better variable names... CREDITS
Initial development of this policy was supported by a grant from the Perl Foundation. AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Chris Dolan. Many rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireBriefOpen(3)