Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Previous Command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Previous Command Post 302114958 by reborg on Thursday 19th of April 2007 07:04:45 PM
Old 04-19-2007
You have been a member here long enough to know the rules and that cross-posting is not allowed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting the previous command

Hello all I'm on SunOS5.9 and I'm trying to make the arrow keys work as in DOS ..get the previous command , etc .. I searched this site and got an answer. I pasted the following code to my .kshrc file in my home directory...It still does not seem to work ...Am I missing anything here ? I'm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeing previous command

Guys, In work we have just gotten a new HP 9000 server and I'm trying to set it up so that if I press <Up arrow> key I can see the command I typed in last(and press enter to run it again). Can anyone advise how to set this up. One friend suggested I touch a file called .toucheditXXXX (I cant... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackieChan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

previous,next command in unix

Hi , after pressing down arrow,up arrow I want to find previous,next command in unix wat can i do for tat plz tell me I am accesing unix server thru telnet. my shell prompt ksh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Previous command

Hi, i would like to retrieve (only retrieve, not execute) a previous command which i executed on the command prompt. I tried the 'up arrow' key, but its not working. Instead,it showed me some funny characters. I searched around and i found the way to do it was using the way below. Several... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repeat previous unix command

Hi all, Is there a way to bring back the previous unix command without retyping? I tried the "arror up" key, and it seems not working (sun solaris). What is the correct way? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syang68
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring from the print of the previous command

Hi, I am a newbie in SHell Programming. I want to ask something about referring the result of the previous command in Shell-Prog. For example : bnm@dsds~> ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0B:CD:85:A5:8A inet addr:192.168.0.2 Bcast:192.168.0.225 Mask... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobb
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date command - getting previous month

Hi, On any given day, I want to capture the month that has gone by - said otherwise, how do I capture last month? expr date '+%m' - 1 Above expression is giving error. Please advise thanks ---------- Post updated at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:11 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving previous command in a script

i know from the command line, the symbol $_ is used to get the last command that was run. however, id like to replicate this within a script. meaning, how do i do something like this: #!/bin/sh ps -ef | egrep talling StoreThisLastCommandA=$_ awk '/error/ {print $3}' /tmp/test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)