Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX urgent problems with ESS SAN, SDD upgrade on AIX 5.3 server Post 302114915 by djdavies on Thursday 19th of April 2007 10:34:27 AM
Old 04-19-2007
fixed it !!!! miracle

right after alot of messing around i also upgraded the microcode for the fc adapters.

still didnt fix problem.

had another look at the IBM website specifically http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en

this has the devices.sdd.53.rte driver but version 1.6.0.0 not 1.6.2.0.

so unmount fs on san
deactivated vg on san
removed vpaths and then hdisks relevant to san
unistalled ver 1.6.2.0 and installed ver 1.6.0.0
cfgmgr -vl fcsX on both my adapters
then cfallvpath

redid the lsvpcfg and got:
vpath0 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 00623296 = hdisk2 (Avail ) hdisk16 (Avail )
vpath1 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 00723296 = hdisk3 (Avail ) hdisk17 (Avail )
vpath2 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 00823296 = hdisk4 (Avail ) hdisk18 (Avail )
vpath3 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 10723296 = hdisk5 (Avail ) hdisk19 (Avail )
vpath4 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 10823296 = hdisk6 (Avail ) hdisk20 (Avail )
vpath5 (Avail pv ) 10D23296 = hdisk7 (Avail ) hdisk21 (Avail )
vpath6 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 20723296 = hdisk8 (Avail ) hdisk22 (Avail )
vpath7 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 20823296 = hdisk9 (Avail ) hdisk23 (Avail )
vpath8 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 20923296 = hdisk10 (Avail ) hdisk24 (Avail )
vpath9 (Avail pv ) 20D23296 = hdisk11 (Avail ) hdisk25 (Avail )
vpath10 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 30723296 = hdisk12 (Avail ) hdisk26 (Avail )
vpath11 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 30823296 = hdisk13 (Avail ) hdisk27 (Avail )
vpath12 (Avail pv crm_train_vg) 30923296 = hdisk14 (Avail ) hdisk28 (Avail )
vpath13 (Avail pv ) 30D23296 = hdisk15 (Avail ) hdisk29 (Avail )

Now all the vpaths are Avail - LUN id's were always the same so was always looking at the correct data which i'd proved earlier by the fact that the VG was variedon and fs was working.

But now it all looks correct.

What i need to figure out is the difference between the two versions.

1.6.0.0 is supposed to be used if using the VIOS ( Warning: SDD version 1.6.1.0 or later is not supported by the VIOS at this time. )
So i can only assume that i am indeed using the Virtual I/O server although the info for the later drivers i.e 1.6.2.0 says that i should be able to use it with ESS.

Either way it is now working perfect.

thanks for the help anyway though people. Hopefully this will be useful to someone in the future.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

diagnostics for disk problems on an AIX server

There is a TSM server in which iam getting this error Unable to read or write logical volume manager record. PV may be permanently corrupted. Run diagnostics how do i run the diagnostics?? any suggestions will really help. Thanks! karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX FlashCopy on ESS

Hi We are running AIX5.3 on pseries 570. We have IBM ESS SAN stroage attached. We need to kick off flashcopy backups on the SAN. I have installed the CLI software but am missing a fileset. ibm2105esscli.rte or ibm2105cli.rte This fileset contains the commands that can be issued from AIX to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrym
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with SDD, SAN ESS and AIX 5.3 Host

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdavies
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX SAN configuration problems/oddity

Hi, I have a strange problem. we're trying to connect an IBM pseries, to a Brocade switch, for SAN acess, using a badged emulex card, (IBM FC6239) WE can configure the device to see the fabric. The only problem we have is that the Brocade sees the HBA as storage, and not as a HBA. We've zoned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praxis22
1 Replies

5. AIX

Problems AIX and SAN.

Sorry for my english. We have a IBM BLADES JS21. AIX 5.3 update to 6. Our JS21 has 2 FC (fcs0 and fcs1). We have one DS4072, one Disk system with 2 controllers and 2 FC by controllers. This means, all AIX FC see all Disk systems controllers by 2 FC switchs. (one fc two roads) FC AIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fjgonzalez
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problems when FTPING file from server to local (Very Urgent)

Hi, when i am trying to FTP one file (test.txt) from Unix server to my local machine then i am getting the following error, as shown below ftp> binary 200 Type set to I. ftp> put C:\FTP\test.txt C:FTPtest.txt: No such file or directory ftp> The red color text is the error. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX with SDD to VIOed SDDPCM?

Hi folks. We want to move a "physical" AIX box to a VIOed LPAR. The physical box is running SDD with disks from a DS8300. I want to be able to reattach those LUNs from the DS8300 to my VIO server which is running SDDPCM and then assigned them back to my AIX LPAR. Any thoughts about this? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephan
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX SDD

I have sdd driver installed correctly but when I run the command: datapath query adapter No device file found what does it mean.. it is not using vpath or whats wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

9. AIX

mq upgrade from version 6 to 7 in aix server

Hi What are the steps to be followed when upgrading MQ version from 6 to 7 in aix server? cbsdbprd01 # oslevel -s 5300-10-01-0921 cbsdbprd01 # lslpp -l | grep -i mq mqm.base.runtime 6.0.2.1 COMMITTED WebSphere MQ Runtime for mqm.base.samples 6.0.2.1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Native AIX TL Upgrade on a VIO Server

What happens if we perform a Native AIX TL Upgrade on a VIO server? I mean instead of updateios I logged into oem_setup_env and ran a update_all to a new TL. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibhore
2 Replies
SND_SBC(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						SND_SBC(4)

NAME
snd_sbc, snd_sb16, snd_sb8 -- Creative Sound Blaster ISA and compatible bridge device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device sound device snd_sbc device snd_sb16 device snd_sb8 Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following lines in loader.conf(5): snd_sbc_load="YES" snd_sb16_load="YES" snd_sb8_load="YES" Non-PnP cards require the following lines in device.hints(5): hint.sbc.0.at="isa" hint.sbc.0.port="0x220" hint.sbc.0.irq="5" hint.sbc.0.drq="1" hint.sbc.0.flags="0x15" DESCRIPTION
The snd_sbc bridge driver allows the generic audio driver sound(4) to attach to Creative Sound Blaster ISA (mostly SB16 or SB8, known as SoundBlaster Pro) compatible audio cards. The value of flags specifies the secondary DMA channel. If the secondary DMA channel is C, set the flags to (C | 0x10). For a sound card without the secondary DMA channel, the flags should be set to zero. HARDWARE
The snd_sbc driver supports the following sound cards: o Avance Asound 110 o Avance Logic ALS100+ o Avance Logic ALS120 o Creative SB16 o Creative SB32 o Creative AWE64 o Creative AWE64 Gold o Creative ViBRA16C o Creative ViBRA16X o ESS ES1681 o ESS ES1688 o ESS ES1868 o ESS ES1869 o ESS ES1878 o ESS ES1879 o ESS ES1888 DIAGNOSTICS
sb_dspwr(XX) timed out. A command to the DSP has timed out. Check the I/O port configuration. bad irq XX (5/7/9/10 valid) The IRQ given to the driver is not valid. SEE ALSO
sound(4) HISTORY
The snd_sbc device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> BSD
February 17, 2007 BSD