Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find, make and move file based on username Post 302114875 by Helmi on Thursday 19th of April 2007 04:02:11 AM
Old 04-19-2007
Oh, man...so cool ennstate
Thanks a lot pal!
it all work well ! but there is something i missed at first,
if certain file being removed without "noticing/asking permission to move" the user or root, is it really troublesome for other users to track back and maybe they expected the files had been deleted.

for second time , is there anyone can coupe this problems, maybe, by make a certain tracker log or something?

Regards,
Helmi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the username in /etc/passwd file

Hi, I need to a shell script to list out only the username in the /etc/passwd file. Regards Siva (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Move Based on 1st Character of File Name

I need some help with a unix script to mv image files to subdirectories based on the 1st character of the filename. See example below... /images/main 1191.jpg 9999.jpg A101.jpg A102.jpg B201.jpg c333.jpg ... Z999.jpg I would like to move to the following: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: srdconsulting
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to move a file based on size

Hi All, I have some files in a directory. If the file size is 0 i want to move the file to new directory using unix script. Can anyone help me in this regard Thanks Vinny (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinny81
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move file based on filename

Hi All I need a script to manipulate files based on a filename: example filename: 66600_042706.pdf the script will create a directory 66000 only if this directory is not existing. If that directory is existing it will just move the file to 66000/666000_042706.pdf in addition, i want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemestech
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

move contents from one file to another based on line number or content

I want a script that will move everything beyond a certain line number or beyond a certain content word into another file. For example, if file A has this: first line second line third line forth line fifth line sixth line I want to run a script that will move everything beyond the third... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robp2175
4 Replies

6. Fedora

Move file based time stamp

Hi all, I've already tired to try to solved this problem. Also search in Internet didn't find anything solution I have a directory like this : # pwd /opt/projects/juventini # ls -al | more total 3627460 drwxr-xr-x 2 app apps 12472320 Sep 24 14:59 . drwxr-xr-x 11 app apps 4096 Jun... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunardo
8 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

grep file to find unique instances of username

hello - A SystemOut.log file has recurring entries that follow this format: Principal: auth9.nick.al.gov:389/USERNAME Over the course of a day thousands of lines similar to this are produced, with each username represented hundreds of times. I need to create a new file that shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1075FJ40
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move input file based on condition

Hello, I have File1 in a directory A, a File2 in a directory B. If the File2 is not empty Then I have to move File1 from directory A to a directory archive Else no action. Is it possible to do this from one command line? Thank you in advance for your answers. Madi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Move based on date

how to move file based on date in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syedzoniac
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to move specific files to directory based on match to file

I am trying to mv each of the .vcf files in the variants folder to the folder in /home/cmccabe/f2 that the .vcf id is found in file. $2 in file will always have the id of a .vcf in the variants folder. The line in blue staring with R_2019 in file up to the -v5.6 will always be an exact match to a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
FvwmDebug(1)							    Fvwm Module 						      FvwmDebug(1)

NAME
FvwmDebug - the fvwm module debugger SYNOPSIS
FvwmDebug should be spawned by fvwm(1) for normal functionality. To run this module, place this command somewhere in the configuration: Module FvwmDebug [optional-params] To stop this module, execute: KillModule FvwmDebug DESCRIPTION
This module persistently dumps all fvwm event details and optionally some other information into the standard error stream or a file, good for debugging purposes. The output may be optionally redirected to xconsole or similar window. INVOCATION
There are several command line switches: FvwmDebug [ --args|--noargs ] [ --events|--noevents ] [ --log file ] [ --xconsole ] [ --mask mask ] [ --xmask mask ] [ --debug level ] [ --track tracker-name ] [ --send-configinfo ] [ --send-windowlist ] Long switches may be abbreviated to shorter switches. --noargs - do not print all arguments of the event, just its name. --args is the default. --noevents - do not print even event names, implies --noargs. It is similar in effect to setting both --mask and --xmask to 0, but the events are actually received by the module, they are just not printed. This option may be useful if --track or/and --debug is used. The default is --events normally, and --noevents if one or more --track options specified. -l|--log file - specify the log file name instead of the standard error stream. If the log file can't be open for writting, the default standard error stream is used. The file may start with a pipe '|', this is similar to the usual meaning of a pipe, the output is piped to the specified command. See also --xconsole option. -xc|--xconsole - this is a shortcut for: FvwmDebug --log '|xconsole -file /dev/stdin -geometry 600x400 -notify' That shows the module output in the xconsole window rather than the standard error stream. -m|--mask mask - set the module mask, 31 bit integer. By default almost all events are monitored (except for some flood events like CON- FIGURE_WINDOW or FOCUS_WINDOW. The special value of -1 sets the maximal mask. -x|--xmask mask - set the module extended mask, 31 bit integer. By default almost all events are monitored (except for some flood events like ENTER_WINDOW or LEAVE_WINDOW. The special value of -1 sets the maximal extended mask. -d|--debug level - use the Perl library debugging mechanism. The useful levels are 2 to 4. -t|--track tracker-name - create the given Perl library tracker and observe its main observable. This option may be specified multiple times. This options implies --noevents unless explicitely overwritten. You may optionally try --debug, for example: FvwmDebug -xc --track PageInfo --track GlobalConfig --debug 3 Run "fvwm-perllib man" to get the names of all existing trackers in your installed Perl library. -sc|--send-configinfo - send Send_ConfigInfo command to fvwm on startup, this results in a lot of events received. -sw|--send-windowlist - send Send_WindowList command to fvwm on startup, this results in a lot of events received. SEE ALSO
See also FvwmGtkDebug. AUTHOR
Mikhael Goikhman <migo@homemail.com>. perl v5.8.0 2003-06-09 FvwmDebug(1)