Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 - X Problem
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - X Problem Post 302114775 by pc9456 on Wednesday 18th of April 2007 01:47:19 PM
Old 04-18-2007
I am using CDE. I have another system that is setup identically as machine1, and everything works on it. There are no firewalls in between machine1, and machine2.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in solaris 8

hi, I have install solaris 8 7/01 in ULTRA 10,but when I type commands such like "admintool" and "swtool",there will be a error messege: warning:Missing charsets in string to fontset conversion arithmetic exception - core dumped I dont know what these mean,can anyone help me?thank... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fuqiang1976
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Solaris 9

I'm trying to install this on my pc at home but the thing is after I get to the option screen that ask where I want to boot solaris from: hard drive cd interface after I choose the cd option, it begins reading from the CD then it asks me if I want the installation to be interactive or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 LU problem

I have a problem with export/home after doing the upgrade. The df -k shows /export and /export/home both being mounted on the same slice. Yes, both are in the vfstab file too. When I reformatted the disk for the upgrade, I added 10gb to the /export partition so that is the one I want to end up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekstern
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Solaris Problem

Hello. has anybody an idea why my script doesnt work on solaris but on ubuntu? I know. I ask the same question again. But i really dont know why my script is not working. #!/usr/xpg4/bin/sh for file in $(find /home9/user/..../.../Test/ -type f) do head -n 1 $file | egrep '^#!' if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fertchen
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 -> Solaris 10 = problem :/

Hello, I have a multithreading program (just two threads) which works on Solaris 8. I use pthread library to synchronize threads. I try to run it on Solaris 10 (on another computer). All sources was re-compiled but behaviour of my program is not the same. The thread 2 is never executed when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinkh
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Problem

I have a SUnfire V120 solaris 10 machine I have recently added memory to. After installation of the RAM, powering back on, the machine did not come back on the network. Consoled into the machine, the routing table has been wiped out completely and I had to reconfigure the IP address. I got the IP... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnxjenn
12 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem with Solaris 11.1 vm

Hi! I have the following problem: I tried to create a Solaris 11.1 virtual machine in the latest VMware Workstation (10.0.1) and despite my efforts it is impossible to make the Tools running. During the installation I receive the following messages: root@solaris:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apollookc
0 Replies

8. Solaris

T3-2 and Solaris 10 Problem

Hi Guys, I got a unique (and wierd) problem with trying to install Solaris 10 off of a DVD on a T3-2. You boot cdrom, it goes through the questions and then when it comes to ask you if you want to install using nfs or dvd if you pick dvd it comes up with an error - ERROR: The disc you inserted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 problem - need help

I installed Solaris 10 on UltraSparc T5120. The machine shows yellow triagle ! LED. I got endless Warnings on console connection WARNING: /pci@0/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/usb@0,2/hub@4/device@4/storage@0/disk@0,0 (sd6): Error for Command: read(10) Error Level: Fatal... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gping
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem boot Solaris

Hi I have a problem on a server, when he boot I have this type of message loop, do you know what it corresponds to ? ( requesting internet Adress for 0:3:ba:fa:33:91 ) Regards Sun Fire V240, No Keyboard Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, INC. All rights reserved. openboot 4.22.33,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyo-tns
10 Replies
dtsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual							dtsetup(8)

NAME
dtsetup - Configure and Customize the Common Desktop Environment (CDE) SYNOPSIS
/usr/dt/bin/dtsetup X resources OPTIONS
Specifies the standard X11 resource options. For more information, see the X(1X) reference page. DESCRIPTION
The CDE Setup application, dtsetup, provides you with a mechanism to customize your Common Desktop Environment by using a graphical user interface. It also provides System Administrators a means to create a CDE environment for various types of users. When you invoke the CDE Setup application, a panel of four icons are displayed: Quick Setup, Desktop, Login, and Services. From the Quick Setup icon, you or the system administrator can provide minimal entries to configure CDE. The Desktop icon lets you or the system administrator set up the front panel, establish various window manager resources, define starting applications, and set parameters for the terminal, dtmail, and dtfile applications. The Login icon lets you provide information about your login session, while the system administrator can also set up the system login greetings, and set up the X server configuration. The Services icon has fields for various services configuration. You are restricted to the choice of whether to run the Motif/OpenLook DND gateway. The system administrator has additional choices regarding the ToolTalk Session and ToolTalk Database server, as well as disabling network dependency and allowing inbound remote process execution. The CDE Setup application provides an effortless way of assembling the CDE front panel from available controls. Furthermore, by providing various file names and other specifications, the CDE Setup application allows you to create your own controls. The CDE setup application can be invoked from: The CDE Application Manager. Application Group: System_Admin Desktop_Apps Subgroup: Configuration To start the dtsetup application from the command line, enter /usr/dt/bin/dtsetup. Online help is available for the dxmtools application. To get help, click on any Help button or use the Help pull-down menu. RESTRICTIONS
You must have superuser privileges to access the full functionality of this application. FILES
CDE setup application executable CDE setup online help volume SEE ALSO
Commands: dtlogin(1), ttdbserverd(1), ttsession(1), X(1X), xdm(1X), xprop(1X) Files: dtfpfile(4) Common Desktop Environment: User's Guide Common Desktop Environment: Advanced User's and System Administrator's Guide CDE Companion dtsetup(8)