Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ultra 60 strange disk problems Post 302114622 by poltergeist on Tuesday 17th of April 2007 10:33:58 AM
Old 04-17-2007
It was indeed as easy as setting the disk type*sigh*. Another fine example of RTF(18000 pages)M

Thanks for your time !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hard disk problems

Hi all I am facing a strange problem. I am using a sun ultra10 spark machine. first i took a 20gb IDE hard disk and installed solaris 5.8. But due to some requirement i have to reinstall the OS but this time solaris 2.6. and now the hard disk capacity is only showing 8gb. Where the 12gb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk drive and Ultra 10

I need more space on my Ultra 10, and was thinking of a pair of 60 or 80 GB 7200 rpm ATA/100 drives mirrored with DiskSuite. Will afterarket IDE drives work in the Sun box? Are there any issues? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

3. Solaris

problems with my M3 video card and my Tatung Ultra 10 clone

i took this Elite 3D M3 video card out of my Ultra 60 machine which was replaced with an M6. the card was working w/o issue in the Ultra 60. however, i'm getting no video when i power the Tatung machine. yes, the M3 is does work with an AXi motherboard. any ideas what's causing the problem? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Add a new disk to Ultra 10

I am using an ultra 10 with Solaris 9.... I want to add a new disk that I can play around with partitions, maybe mirroring - that type of thing.. Its a test box.. I need help on what I can buy - and what I need, cables etc to add new disk and install it... Anyone got any pointers? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie: Sun Ultra 5 Disk Replacement

I have just started getting into unix and aquired a Sun Ultra 5 however the disk failed and I want to replace it with a spare maxtor 40Gb i have lying around. I need to partition and format the disk from its old windows format. I have looked up info on the format command in solaris 9 and I think i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalm
2 Replies

6. Linux

Strange Disk problem on Install

Hello Forum, I am getting a very strange symptom whilst doing an install of CentOS on to an X64 system and I was wondering if anyone else had seen this problem. I have two disks (PATA) installed to IDE0 (master) and the CDROM installed to IDE1 (slave) as a slave device. When I boot up the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenux_tux
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange parameter passing problems (KSH)

Hi all, I'm having a rather peculiar problem involving parameter passing with declared functions in my shell script. Hope to get some advice here. A brief description of my code is as follows: However, I'm not getting the results I wanted. If I pass in $rdir, I'm going to end up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Sparc Ultra 4 won't boot - disk errors

Hi all. I am seeing in one of our less-used servers that it crashed and now won't restart. I get the message 'continue with normal startup or boot into maintenance mode'. I go into maintenance and run fsck on /usr0 (mentioned in error at restart) it then reboots but goes right back to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
3 Replies

9. Hardware

HP Compaq 6710 - Strange network problems

Hi gurus, I am experiencing strange networks problems. I am trying to teather internet from HTC Desire S with Android. Basicly I followed those instructions: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Android_Tethering#Procedure 1.) Enable USB Debugging - Phone: Settings --> Applications -->... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Ultra 30 boot problems

Hi all, I've just replaced the eprom battery on my Sun Ultra-30 and having boot issues. For some reason its trying to boot off the network instead of the DISK1. Howe can I change it so the open boot does not default to the boot device: NET Thanks, Rob (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbo007
3 Replies
iostat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 iostat(1)

NAME
iostat - Reports I/O statistics SYNOPSIS
iostat [drive...] [interval] [count] OPERANDS
Forces iostat to display specific drives. If drive is not specified (or the specified drive does not exist on the system or cluster, iostat displays the first two drives (even if more than two disk drives are configured in the system). Causes iostat to report once each interval seconds. The first report is for all time since the system was last booted, and each subsequent report is for the last interval only.The value must not be 0. Specifies the number of reports. For example, iostat 1 10 would produce 10 reports at 1-second intervals. You cannot specify count without interval because the first numeric argument to iostat is assumed to be interval. DESCRIPTION
The iostat command reports the following information: For terminals (collectively), the number of characters read and written per second. For each disk, the number of transfers per second and bytes transferred per second (in kilobytes). For the system, the percentage of time the system has spent in user mode, in user mode running low priority (nice) processes, in system mode, and idling. To compute this information, iostat counts data transfer completions, the number of words transferred for each disk, and the collective number of input and output characters for terminals. Also, each sixtieth of a second, iostat examines the state of each disk and makes a tally if the disk is active. When you issue an iostat command on a cluster member, it displays statistics only for those disks that are local to the member and that member's usage of those shared disks that it has mounted. It displays 0 for other disks in the cluster (those it doesn't have mounted), regardless of whether they are on the shared bus or are local to some other member. EXAMPLES
The output from this example displays cpu, terminal, and disk statistics for the first two disks on the system providing 5 reports at 1 second intervals: # iostat 1 5 tty floppy1 dsk9 cpu tin tout bps tps bps tps us ni sy id 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 4 95 4 58 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 97 1 53 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 98 5 59 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 98 6 60 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 97 The second example specifies device names in the command: # iostat dsk2 dsk3 cdrom2 tty dsk2 cdrom2 dsk3 cpu tin tout bps tps bps tps bps tps us ni sy id 0 13 11 5 5 2 2427 1213 0 1 1 98 SEE ALSO
Commands:vmstat(1) iostat(1)