Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Capturing Oracle Shutdown error Post 302114576 by ranj@chn on Tuesday 17th of April 2007 05:27:39 AM
Old 04-17-2007
capture the output in a logfile/variable

Why not capture the output in a logfile or a variable and then check in that. All the error handling for sql should be done in the sqlplus session.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

capturing oracle procedure out param value

I have a procedure with an out parameter, I want to use this value in a shell script, I've done this in perl before but they want this to be a ksh script. what is the syntax to do this. this was my first thought; #!/usr/bin/ksh sqlplus -s scott/tiger@db << EOF ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edog
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capturing failed FTP error

Hi All, Please check the below ftp related job, which is deleting the files from remote host. Problem is it is not capturing the ftp failure error, and the exit status is still '0' eventhough the deletable files are not present in remote location OR ftp credential are incorrect. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle DB Start shutdown scripts

Hi, We have a requirement wherein we do not want to share the Oracle DB sys and system passwords to be shared with the support desk. But they will be responsible for starting/shuting down the Database. Is it possible to write a shell script which will read the sys and system passwords from a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Tomcat shutdown error

not sure if this is the right forum but im having problem with tomcat restart. i have a regular user that when he login it will go directly to a menu options (a. stop tomcat, start tomcat,). if he selects start it would should show that tomcat has been restarted. if the user press X, he will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS Error Capturing

This is my .sh file sqlplus -s my_user/my_pswd@mydb @my_sql.sql ret_code=$? if then echo "return code is $ret_code " echo "Failed" else echo "return code is $ret_code " echo "Success" fi ===================================================== and my_sql.sql is whenever... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emailsafath2011
4 Replies

7. Programming

Problem on capturing system Shutdown

I am having exactly the same problem with https://www.unix.com/programming/129264-application-cleanup-during-linux-shutdown.html but the thread is old and closed. The only difference is that I use sigaction() instead of signal(), which is recommended, as far as I know. This is my code: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required for Oracle database shutdown script conversion from shell to perl

Please tell me how to convert below program from shell script to perl. Same commands need to use in shutdown, just need program help for startup. export ORACLE_BASE=/home/oracle1 lsnrctl start lndb1 sqlplus '/ as sysdba' startup; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Oracle SQL Error Codes

My issue pertains to earlier posts like exit unix script after sqlerror in procedure - dBforums SQLPLUS Error Capturing | Unix Linux Forums | Shell Programming and Scripting We are executing PL/SQL blocks from shell scripts using SQLPLUS. The error code has to be captured into a logfile that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_rajan
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Shutdown Oracle DB on SunOS Cluster

Hi, I've this Oracle database version: Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production Oracle is install in a SunOS DBSERVER1 5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4v cluster (Not RAC environment) DBSERVER1 is node active and DBSERVER2 is node inactive ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: db_senior
4 Replies
LOGSAVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							LOGSAVE(8)

NAME
logsave - save the output of a command in a logfile SYNOPSIS
logsave [ -asv ] logfile cmd_prog [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
The logsave program will execute cmd_prog with the specified argument(s), and save a copy of its output to logfile. If the containing directory for logfile does not exist, logsave will accumulate the output in memory until it can be written out. A copy of the output will also be written to standard output. If cmd_prog is a single hyphen ('-'), then instead of executing a program, logsave will take its input from standard input and save it in logfile logsave is useful for saving the output of initial boot scripts until the /var partition is mounted, so the output can be written to /var/log. OPTIONS
-a This option will cause the output to be appended to logfile, instead of replacing its current contents. -s This option will cause logsave to skip writing to the log file text which is bracketed with a control-A (ASCII 001 or Start of Header) and control-B (ASCII 002 or Start of Text). This allows progress bar information to be visible to the user on the console, while not being written to the log file. -v This option will make logsave to be more verbose in its output to the user. AUTHOR
Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu) SEE ALSO
fsck(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 LOGSAVE(8)