Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ssh between two differnt versions Post 302114520 by borncrazy on Monday 16th of April 2007 08:19:27 PM
Old 04-16-2007
Hi,

I got ssh working through password. Now, started trying for passwordless connection using key authentication. But still get the below error:

debug: SshAppCommon/sshappcommon.c:133: Allocating global SshRegex context.
debug: SshConfig/sshconfig.c:2232: Unable to open /export/home/geccs/.ssh2/ssh2_config
debug: Connecting to scon02, port 22... (SOCKS not used)
debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:1977: Entering event loop.
debug: Ssh2Client/sshclient.c:1403: Creating transport protocol.
debug: SshAuthMethodClient/sshauthmethodc.c:85: Added "publickey" to usable methods.
debug: SshAuthMethodClient/sshauthmethodc.c:85: Added "password" to usable methods.
debug: Ssh2Client/sshclient.c:1444: Creating userauth protocol.
debug: client supports 2 auth methods: 'publickey,password'
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:560: local ip = 3.175.246.40, local port = 45030
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:562: remote ip = 3.157.28.119, remote port = 22
debug: SshConnection/sshconn.c:1930: Wrapping...
debug: Remote version: SSH-2.0-4.0.4.12 SSH Secure Shell
debug: Major: 4 Minor: 0 Revision: 4
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:1648: lang s to c: `', lang c to s: `'
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:1714: c_to_s: cipher aes128-cbc, mac hmac-sha1, compression none
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:1717: s_to_c: cipher aes128-cbc, mac hmac-sha1, compression none
debug: Remote host key found from database.
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:318: Received SSH_CROSS_STARTUP packet from connection protocol.
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:368: Received SSH_CROSS_ALGORITHMS packet from connection protocol.
debug: server offers auth methods 'publickey,password'.
debug: Ssh2AuthPubKeyClient/authc-pubkey.c:1536: adding keyfile "/export/home/geccs/.ssh2/id_rsa_1024_a" to candidates
debug: Ssh2AuthPubKeyClient/authc-pubkey.c:1536: adding keyfile "/export/home/geccs/.ssh2/id_dsa_1024_a" to candidates
debug: Ssh2AuthClient/sshauthc.c:316: Method 'publickey' disabled.
debug: Ssh2AuthPasswdClient/authc-passwd.c:95: Starting password query...

Not sure why i am getting Method 'publickey' disabled?

Can someone help me or suggest any alternatives

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

different versions?

can someone tell me a shell-script to convert an older version of a file with the current one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deeptia
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What different versions of UNIX are there?

Aside from the normal Linux distros, OS X, and the BSDs, what other forms of UNIX are there? I want to try one on a very old 75mhz box I have. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMDPwred
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Is there any way to get old HP-UX versions?

I got my hands on a HP9000/380 and need a (really) old version of HP-UX, like 7 or 8. Is there any vendor who sells older versions? I did a quick search here and checked the FAQ and HPs HP-UX site but couldn't find anything. :confused: Any help is appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge different coulmn of differnt files

hello gurus , i want to merge different column from two different file. file struture is below. file 1 ------- ~information is given Name class section A 5 b B 7 C D 8 A file 2 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul sharma11
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script in two differnt logins

Hi, I need to run a script in two different login's in the same server, but it is running only in one login, i have used the corresponding PATH for each login, but still it says " not authorized to put msg in queue". (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savithavijay
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows mass copy files with same name in differnt folders

I have files existing with same names in the folders with date as display below c:\2010-09-10 <==== folder arr1.jpg arr2.jpg arr3.jpg arr4.jpg c:\2010-09-09 <==== folder arr1.jpg arr2.jpg c:\2010-09-08 <==== folder arr2.jpg arr3.jpg arr4.jpg ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare versions.

Hi , I have versions something like 1.10.0 and 1.9.1 and i want to compare them. I wrote sample program like below. #!/usr/bin/perl my $var1 = "1.10.0"; my $var2 = "1.9.0"; if ($var1 eq $var2) { print "EQUAL\n"; } if ($var1 gt $var2) { print "GREATER $var1 $var2\n"; } if ($var1 lt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: successlin
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add the lines of differnt files in a single file

My question is I am finding the new.txt file in the directory I am finding current.txt file in the directory in 2nd time I am finding fallback.txt in the directory in 3rd time all with find command now my question is let suppose I got all threee files in one directory then I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync in osx - nondestructive with differnt names of root directory

normally I rsync -haPE source destination What I want to do is take a old ~ directory from an external drive and have it ONLY update missing files NOT replace existing files. excluding ~/library any help would be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Versions of HP-UX

Lo guys, I've just started a new department in work and I'm going to be using HP-UX with Vi. The problem is I'm completely new to UNIX, I'm currently learning at work but I only have limited amounts of time on our dev systems. Is it possible to get a free/educational version any where? I don't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: john2012
4 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project