Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Formatting Substitution Command Not Working in vi Post 302114463 by vino on Monday 16th of April 2007 08:28:28 AM
Old 04-16-2007
Leave vi. The simplest solution is to do a dos2unix on the file that you just ftp'ed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Var substitution in awk - not working as expected

countA=`awk '/X/''{print substr($0,38,1)}' fName | wc -l` countB=`wc -l fName | awk '{print int($1)}'` echo > temp ratio=`awk -va=$countA -vc=$countB '{printf "%.4f", a/c}' temp` After running script for above I am getting an error as : awk: 0602-533 Cannot find or open file -vc=25. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
3 Replies

2. AIX

Substitution not working in ksh

Following code is working in bash but not in ksh. Can someone please send me an alternative? #!/bin/ksh fname="EOA.dmp" echo $fname logname=${fname/.dmp/.log} echo $logname I am getting below error in ksh "testcmd: logname=${fname/.dmp/.log}: 0403-011 The specified substitution is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Substitution not working in ksh

Hi, Following code is working in bash but not in ksh. Can someone please send me an alternative? #!/bin/ksh fname="EOA.dmp" echo $fname logname=${fname/.dmp/.log} echo $logname I am getting below error in ksh "testcmd: logname=${fname/.dmp/.log}: 0403-011 The specified substitution... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

formatting textfile inside ksh script using awk not working

I cannot seem to get this text file to format. Its as if the awk statement is being treated as a simple cat command. I manned awk and it was very confusing. I viewed previous posts on this board and I got the same results as with the the awk command statement shown here. Please help. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekline
6 Replies

5. Linux

rare problem -reinstalling formatting nothing is working

i am not able to install solaris 10 i have installed solaris many times succesfully with wotking network after that abrupt power failure i was never able to start solaris and neither install during install it hangs IS IT PROBABLE THAT BIOS OR SOME OTHER SETTINGS RELATED TO HARDWARE IS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: simaich8
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed insert command and variable expansion/command substitution

I know this script is crummy, but I was just messing around.. how do I get sed's insert command to allow variable expansion to show the filename? #!/bin/bash filename=`echo $0` /usr/bin/sed '/#include/ { i\ the filename is `$filename` }' $1 exit 0 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read command - using output from command substitution

Hey, guys! Trying to research this is such a pain since the read command itself is a common word. Try searching "unix OR linux read command examples" or using the command substitution keyword. :eek: So, I wanted to use a command statement similar to the following. This is kinda taken... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad substitution error while working with substring

Hi I'm using ksh. And i'm trying to get the substring like below. but giving the following error #!/bin/ksh foo=teststring bar=${foo:0:5} echo $bar And the error is ./sbstr_test.sh: bar=${foo:0:5}: bad substitution what is wrong in this script. Please correct me ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Variable substitution in ksh not working

Hi Gurus, Not able to catch what's going wrong here. I just want to get output as "tree". server:/mk/app/nexapp $ echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh server:/mk/app/nexapp $ export db_name1="tree" server:/mk/app/nexapp $ export i=1 1st try: server:/mk/app/nexapp $ echo $(db_name$i) ksh: db_name1: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.lalwani
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter substitution is not working with sed

I am trying add a prefix variable(string) to command output. sed parameter substitution is not working. - I have found some issues on my end of testing,, please delete this thread for now. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)