Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Why does my webserver stop everytime I exit my session? Post 302114443 by Perderabo on Monday 16th of April 2007 05:38:37 AM
Old 04-16-2007
I doubt that the & will do it. nohup might solve it. Or try:
echo /etc/init.d/northgate.web start | at now

By running it via "at", it will not have a controlling terminal. The problem is that your webserver is not daemonizing itself properly when launched in an interactive session.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile relinks everytime

Hi guys, I'm a firsttime poster. My makefile is relinking everytime, even if nothing changes. Is there anyway to have it stop doing this? Here the makefile: F77C = /usr/bin/f77 -O VERSION =9.4 VPATH = ../poten # executables that can be built from this makefile OH3S =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bellings
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus session being able to see unix variables session within a script

Hi there. How do I make the DB connection see the parameter variables passed to the unix script ? The code snippet below isn't working properly. sqlplus << EOF user1@db1/pass1 BEGIN PACKAGE1.perform_updates($1,$2,$3); END; EOF Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

3. Linux

How to stop linux man pages from clearing on exit?

Whenever I quit out of reading a man page, it clears the screen. I do not like this behavior, as I'd like to keep part of the man page on the screen while I type out a command. How do I stop this behavior? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding Directories on a Session by Session basis

Hi, Apologies if anyone has read my recent post on the same subject in the Linux forum, just thought actually the solution might more likely come from scripting. Essentially, I am trying to restrict access to directories based on the user's name AND their location on a session-by-session... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: en7smb
3 Replies

5. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z causing exit the session

H! I have written script where it need to invoke the perl script in background, then write the pid in temp file then bring back the job to foreground. whenever the Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z is pressed in the script has to exit and prompt should be dispalyed. but this script causing exit from shell session... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit ssh session

Hi , I am running a script on multiple servers.When I run that script on one server,I want to exit from that server and want to go to next server.PFB script: Suppose there are 3 servers:server1,server2,server3.I am currently in server1. for h in {2..3} do ssh username@server$h <<EOF ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu141
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to stop a qlogin session

Hi Everyone, I am a new unix user. I started a qlogin session in SSH terminal, then I closed the window assuming that the qlogin session will be closed automatically. But it was still running. I tried to kill the process using kill ID or kill -9 ID, but the ID I got using ps aux | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ttroo2003
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Desktop Session Prints Warning Message Everytime I Hit One Specific Key

Hello All, My question has to do with a Remote Desktop Session going from my Linux HOST to a Windows GUEST. Linux OS: OpenSuSE 11.4 i586 Windows OS: Windows Server 2003 For some reason after I have run rdekstop to connect to the Windows Guest, whenever I click on the Shift key I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
SMOKEPING_CGI(1)						     SmokePing							  SMOKEPING_CGI(1)

NAME
smokeping_cgi - SmokePing webfrontend OVERVIEW
This script acts as a 'website' for your SmokePing monitoring operation. It presents the targets you are looking at in a tree structure and draws graphs as they are required by people looking at the pages. DESCRIPTION
To get smokeping_cgi going, you need a webserver which allows you to run CGI or better FastCGI scripts. The system must be setup so that the cgi process is allowed to write to the image caching area as defined in the config file. This script runs fine as a normal CGI, BUT it will appear to be very slow, because it does a lot of things when starting up. So if the script has to be started a fresh on every click, this is both slow and a tough thing for your webserver. I therefore strongly recommend using FastCGI. Please refer to the installation document for detailed setup instructions. SETUP
There is a sample htdocs directory in your smokeping installation root. Copy its content to the place where your webserver expects its files. There are also two sample cgi scripts showing how to launch the smokeping cgi in your website. The only difference is the file extension. Adjust the paths in the script and you should be ready to go. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011 by Tobias Oetiker. All right reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.6.8 2013-03-17 SMOKEPING_CGI(1)