Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: diag report
Operating Systems AIX diag report Post 302114297 by dukessd on Friday 13th of April 2007 07:21:23 PM
Old 04-13-2007
ASMI, on a 7017, you're having a laugh.
The service processor logs might show some thing but it will be the same as the diags show.
With these errors the processor is taken off line, so can't be tested, so your diag results are from analysing the errpt, and the errpt is generated from the service processor error, so they will show the same thing.
Call IBM, the processor card (262 MHz, type 1, located in the front of the CEC) needs to be replaced.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sun Hardware Diag Tools

Problem: Several possible cooked Sun U10's. Need: Sun Hardware Diag Tools. I want to pound on these boxes and see whats what. I am wondering where I could find some Diag tools that will help me diag problems. Freeware is preferred. (The magic budget of $0) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edkung
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

user diag ??

if user diag is removed with a -r will it delete usr/mds ? and if so will this prevent a system from booting? Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Brian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: breigner
1 Replies

3. AIX

Error Message during Diag

I received an error during a reboot, I ran the in shell Diag's and got this message. service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause or Cause(s): 21F00002: Refer to the Error Code to FRU Index in the system service guide. 100% P2-Z1-A4.0 The problem is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
1 Replies

4. AIX

What's meaning of "POWER" in diag command.?

I ran 'diag' command to verify disk follow the below steps. DIAG------?task selection-------ssa service aid-----Link verification I found that there are 3 types of status. (Good, Failed and Power). scp2: pdisk23 D69E584F 0 16 Power scp2: pdisk19 D657E7A9 1 15 Power scp2: pdisk28... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pattarapongn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix report

hello i just want to ask one question i am willing to create health check of my disk in unix. like a script should automatically run and genrate output in unix in beautiful report format. so is there is any way to create a beautiful report in unix like heading should be bold and big in font and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps report (on tru64)

hi, i have 10 processes running on a tru64 machine with 16 cpu. when i am checking the states of these processes with ps command, i saw that almost never more than 3 of them are in the R(unning) state. (generally they are in the S(leeping) state). although there are many other processes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to determine if there is a Power Problem using DIAG command?

Hi guys can someone show me on how to use DIAG command in determining if there is really a power problem aside from errpt report? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sky_lark02
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output report

Hi All, I got an output after executing oracle query in unix mechine. While executing the query the output it should automatically store in a table Query:- 1. i am expected an report for the output. 2. How the output it will automatically store in an table. Is there script available... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi gongati
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup Report

Would I be able to get the report (text format) of an activity monitor view of a netbackup via command line? I am trying to make a script out of it that would be run daily an be saved in a txt document which would could be viewed for history purpose. I need minimal details only like policy name,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
0 Replies

10. AIX

Change Log Repair Action without using diag?

Hi Gurus, I want to change Log Repair Action remotely, or in a script. In these cases, the dial menu can not be used. Is there any command to do the job? Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies
psradm(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                psradm(1M)

NAME
psradm - change processor operational status SYNOPSIS
psradm -f | -i | -n | -s [-v] [-F] processor_id psradm -a -f | -i | -n | -s [-v] [-F] DESCRIPTION
The psradm utility changes the operational status of processors. The legal states for the processor are on-line, off-line, spare, faulted, and no-intr. An on-line processor processes LWPs (lightweight processes) and can be interrupted by I/O devices in the system. An off-line processor does not process any LWPs. Usually, an off-line processor is not interruptible by I/O devices in the system. On some processors or under certain conditions, it might not be possible to disable interrupts for an off-line processor. Thus, the actual effect of being off-line might vary from machine to machine. A spare processor does not process any LWPs. A spare processor can be brought on-line, off-line or to no-intr by a privileged user of the system or by the kernel in response to changes in the system state. A faulted processor is identified by the kernel, which monitors the behavior of processors over time. A privileged user can set the state of a faulted processor to be on-line, off-line, spare or no-intr, but must use the force option to do so. A no-intr processor processes LWPs but is not interruptible by I/O devices. A processor can not be taken off-line or made spare if there are LWPs that are bound to the processor unless the additional -F option is used. The -F option removes processor bindings of such LWPs before changing the processor's operational status. On some architectures, it might not be possible to take certain processors off-line or spare if, for example, the system depends on some resource provided by the processor. At least one processor in the system must be able to process LWPs. At least one processor must also be able to be interrupted. Since an off-line or spare processor can be interruptible, it is possible to have an operational system with one processor no-intr and all other processors off-line or spare but with one or more accepting interrupts. If any of the specified processors are powered off, psradm might power on one or more processors. Only superusers can use the psradm utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Perform the action on all processors, or as many as possible. -f Take the specified processors off-line. -F Force the transition to the additional specified state. Required if one or more of the specified processors was in the faulted state. Set the specified processors to faulted, if no other transition option was specified. Forced transitions can only be made to faulted, spare, or off-line states. Administrators are encouraged to use the -Q option for pbind(1M) to find out which threads will be affected by forced a processor state transition. -i Set the specified processors no-intr. -n Bring the specified processors on-line. -s Make the specified processors spare. -v Output a message giving the results of each attempted operation. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: processor_id The processor ID of the processor to be set on-line or off-line, spare, or no-intr. Specify processor_id as an individual processor number (for example, 3), multiple processor numbers separated by spaces (for example, 1 2 3), or a range of processor numbers (for example, 1-4). It is also possible to combine ranges and (indi- vidual or multiple) processor_ids (for example, 1-3 5 7-8 9). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Setting Processors to off-line The following example sets processors 2 and 3 off-line: % psradm -f 2 3 Example 2: Setting Processors to no-intr The following example sets processors 1 and 2 no-intr: % psradm -i 1 2 Example 3: Setting Processors to spare The following example sets processors 1 and 2 spare, even if either of the processors was in the faulted state: % psradm -F -s 1 2 Example 4: Setting All Processors on-line % psradm -a -n Example 5: Forcing Processors to off-line The following example sets processors 1 and 2 offline, and revokes the processor bindings from the processes bound to them: % psradm -F -f 1 2 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/wtmpx Records logging processor status changes ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pbind(1M), psrinfo(1M), psrset(1M), p_online(2), processor_bind(2), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
psradm: processor 4: Invalid argument The specified processor does not exist in the configuration. psradm: processor 3: Device busy The specified processor could not be taken off-line because it either has LWPs bound to it, is the last on-line processor in the sys- tem, or is needed by the system because it provides some essential service. psradm: processor 3: Device busy The specified processor could not be set no-intr because it is the last interruptible processor in the system, or or it is the only processor in the system that can service interrupts needed by the system. psradm: processor 3: Device busy The specified processor is powered off, and it cannot be powered on because some platform-specific resource is unavailable. psradm: processor 0: Not owner The user does not have permission to change processor status. psradm: processor 2: Operation not supported The specified processor is powered off, and the platform does not support power on of individual processors. SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 psradm(1M)