Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 - X Problem
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - X Problem Post 302114224 by reborg on Friday 13th of April 2007 07:24:24 AM
Old 04-13-2007
Are you using gdm2-login on cde-login on machine1 as the graphical login manager service?

This makes a difference, because gdm will by default disable access for network clients.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in solaris 8

hi, I have install solaris 8 7/01 in ULTRA 10,but when I type commands such like "admintool" and "swtool",there will be a error messege: warning:Missing charsets in string to fontset conversion arithmetic exception - core dumped I dont know what these mean,can anyone help me?thank... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fuqiang1976
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Solaris 9

I'm trying to install this on my pc at home but the thing is after I get to the option screen that ask where I want to boot solaris from: hard drive cd interface after I choose the cd option, it begins reading from the CD then it asks me if I want the installation to be interactive or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 LU problem

I have a problem with export/home after doing the upgrade. The df -k shows /export and /export/home both being mounted on the same slice. Yes, both are in the vfstab file too. When I reformatted the disk for the upgrade, I added 10gb to the /export partition so that is the one I want to end up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekstern
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Solaris Problem

Hello. has anybody an idea why my script doesnt work on solaris but on ubuntu? I know. I ask the same question again. But i really dont know why my script is not working. #!/usr/xpg4/bin/sh for file in $(find /home9/user/..../.../Test/ -type f) do head -n 1 $file | egrep '^#!' if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fertchen
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 -> Solaris 10 = problem :/

Hello, I have a multithreading program (just two threads) which works on Solaris 8. I use pthread library to synchronize threads. I try to run it on Solaris 10 (on another computer). All sources was re-compiled but behaviour of my program is not the same. The thread 2 is never executed when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinkh
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Problem

I have a SUnfire V120 solaris 10 machine I have recently added memory to. After installation of the RAM, powering back on, the machine did not come back on the network. Consoled into the machine, the routing table has been wiped out completely and I had to reconfigure the IP address. I got the IP... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnxjenn
12 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem with Solaris 11.1 vm

Hi! I have the following problem: I tried to create a Solaris 11.1 virtual machine in the latest VMware Workstation (10.0.1) and despite my efforts it is impossible to make the Tools running. During the installation I receive the following messages: root@solaris:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apollookc
0 Replies

8. Solaris

T3-2 and Solaris 10 Problem

Hi Guys, I got a unique (and wierd) problem with trying to install Solaris 10 off of a DVD on a T3-2. You boot cdrom, it goes through the questions and then when it comes to ask you if you want to install using nfs or dvd if you pick dvd it comes up with an error - ERROR: The disc you inserted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 problem - need help

I installed Solaris 10 on UltraSparc T5120. The machine shows yellow triagle ! LED. I got endless Warnings on console connection WARNING: /pci@0/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/usb@0,2/hub@4/device@4/storage@0/disk@0,0 (sd6): Error for Command: read(10) Error Level: Fatal... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gping
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem boot Solaris

Hi I have a problem on a server, when he boot I have this type of message loop, do you know what it corresponds to ? ( requesting internet Adress for 0:3:ba:fa:33:91 ) Regards Sun Fire V240, No Keyboard Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, INC. All rights reserved. openboot 4.22.33,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyo-tns
10 Replies
LOGIN.ACCESS(5) 					      BSD File Formats Manual						   LOGIN.ACCESS(5)

NAME
login.access -- login access control table DESCRIPTION
The login.access file specifies (user, host) combinations and/or (user, tty) combinations for which a login will be either accepted or refused. When someone logs in, the login.access is scanned for the first entry that matches the (user, host) combination, or, in case of non-networked logins, the first entry that matches the (user, tty) combination. The permissions field of that table entry determines whether the login will be accepted or refused. Each line of the login access control table has three fields separated by a ':' character: permission:users:origins The first field should be a "+" (access granted) or "-" (access denied) character. The second field should be a list of one or more login names, group names, or ALL (always matches). The third field should be a list of one or more tty names (for non-networked logins), host names, domain names (begin with "."), host addresses, internet network numbers (end with "."), ALL (always matches) or LOCAL (matches any string that does not contain a "." character). If you run NIS you can use @netgroupname in host or user patterns. The EXCEPT operator makes it possible to write very compact rules. The group file is searched only when a name does not match that of the logged-in user. Only groups are matched in which users are explicitly listed: the program does not look at a user's primary group id value. FILES
/etc/login.access login access control table SEE ALSO
login(1), pam_login_access(8) AUTHORS
Guido van Rooij BSD
September 13, 2006 BSD