Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Why does my webserver stop everytime I exit my session? Post 302114221 by kenny123m on Friday 13th of April 2007 06:31:01 AM
Old 04-13-2007
Why does my webserver stop everytime I exit my session?

Hi,

We have a webserver which runs on our unix server, we had to stop it for some work to be carried out, and restarted it earlier this week.

I'm logging in as myself and then root and starting the webserver as follows:

cd /etc/init.d
./northgate.web start

this starts it up fine, however whenever I exit as root and exit as myself from my telnet session, the webserver stops. Looks like whichever process is running, stops whenever I log out.

I'm not sure which process is related to the the webserver, so can't monitor it at the moment.

I was just wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions as to how/what I should do to keep the process running in the background even when I end my session.

Cheers, for your help. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile relinks everytime

Hi guys, I'm a firsttime poster. My makefile is relinking everytime, even if nothing changes. Is there anyway to have it stop doing this? Here the makefile: F77C = /usr/bin/f77 -O VERSION =9.4 VPATH = ../poten # executables that can be built from this makefile OH3S =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bellings
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus session being able to see unix variables session within a script

Hi there. How do I make the DB connection see the parameter variables passed to the unix script ? The code snippet below isn't working properly. sqlplus << EOF user1@db1/pass1 BEGIN PACKAGE1.perform_updates($1,$2,$3); END; EOF Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

3. Linux

How to stop linux man pages from clearing on exit?

Whenever I quit out of reading a man page, it clears the screen. I do not like this behavior, as I'd like to keep part of the man page on the screen while I type out a command. How do I stop this behavior? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding Directories on a Session by Session basis

Hi, Apologies if anyone has read my recent post on the same subject in the Linux forum, just thought actually the solution might more likely come from scripting. Essentially, I am trying to restrict access to directories based on the user's name AND their location on a session-by-session... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: en7smb
3 Replies

5. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z causing exit the session

H! I have written script where it need to invoke the perl script in background, then write the pid in temp file then bring back the job to foreground. whenever the Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z is pressed in the script has to exit and prompt should be dispalyed. but this script causing exit from shell session... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit ssh session

Hi , I am running a script on multiple servers.When I run that script on one server,I want to exit from that server and want to go to next server.PFB script: Suppose there are 3 servers:server1,server2,server3.I am currently in server1. for h in {2..3} do ssh username@server$h <<EOF ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu141
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to stop a qlogin session

Hi Everyone, I am a new unix user. I started a qlogin session in SSH terminal, then I closed the window assuming that the qlogin session will be closed automatically. But it was still running. I tried to kill the process using kill ID or kill -9 ID, but the ID I got using ps aux | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ttroo2003
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Desktop Session Prints Warning Message Everytime I Hit One Specific Key

Hello All, My question has to do with a Remote Desktop Session going from my Linux HOST to a Windows GUEST. Linux OS: OpenSuSE 11.4 i586 Windows OS: Windows Server 2003 For some reason after I have run rdekstop to connect to the Windows Guest, whenever I click on the Shift key I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
tntnet(8)							Tntnet users guide							 tntnet(8)

NAME
tntnet - web application server for c++ SYNOPSIS
tntnet [-c file] [--logall] tntnet -C [-q query-string] [componentId ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tntnet command. tntnet is a web server that can generate dynamic content via precompiled C++ modules. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -c file Use file as the configuration file. If the -c is omitted, the first nonoption argument is used as the config file. --logall Initialize logging earlier. Normally logging is initialized after starting the listeners and changing user so that logfiles are cre- ated with the right owner. For debugging reasons this option forces to do that earlier. -C Call components and print the result to stdout instead of starting tntnet as a webserver -q query-string In -C mode pass this query string to the component. The option may be repeated multiple times to pass name-value-pairs easily. EXAMPLE
tntnet -C -q arg1=35 -q arg2=7 -q op=/ calc@calc calls the component calc@calc with query parameters and prints the result to stdout. FILES
/etc/tntnet/tntnet.conf The default configuration file. ENVIRONMENT
TNTNET_CONF This is checked for the configuration file name if it is not specified on the command line. AUTHOR
tntnet was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. This manual page was written by Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tntnet-config(1), ecpp(7), ecppc(1), ecppl(1), ecppll(1), tntnet.conf(7), tntnet.properties(7). More documentation can be found in /usr/share/doc/tntnet-doc/. Tntnet July 23, 2006 tntnet(8)