Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multihomed DNS Clients?
Special Forums IP Networking Multihomed DNS Clients? Post 302114166 by stdout on Thursday 12th of April 2007 08:57:11 PM
Old 04-12-2007
hello,

OK,

1. create a secondary of myplace.priv at parent.priv's NS. (and vice versa if you like).
2. or a stub pointing authoritative NS for myplace.priv at parent.priv's NS.
2. this config should make the clients not querying ISP's NS (except for the internet) -- unless you created mistakes.

cheers.

Last edited by stdout; 04-12-2007 at 10:02 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Multihomed Client

Hi, I am writing a socket program at the moment that uses both of the clients network interfaces. The program tries to create two socket connections to the server over a LAN connection and a GPRS connection. I have tried to update the routing table using the route command but that proved... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhynes
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Multihomed can not ping gateway

Hello this is my first post at this forum. Apologize for my lack of network understanding but Im posting to learn. I have a problem reaching default gateway 10.18.110.1 If I use my laptop I can ping 10.18.110.1 but with our red hat multihomed server the gateway does not respond to ping. cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
11 Replies

4. IP Networking

HOWTO: Linux multihomed dns client

The Linux resolver queries all nameservers in the order they are listed in /etc/resolver.conf. If a nameserver times out, it advances on to the following nameserver. But, if a nameserver returns "not found" (NXDOMAIN) it stops. This behaviour is problematic when you need to resolve names from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multihomed server, eth1 not working

Hey everyone. We're in the process of deploying a number of servers. They're HP DL360 G6's. OS is RHEL 5.4 They've got two on board NIC's, as well as an additional dual port network card, giving us a total of 4 NIC's. Eth0 and Eth2 are bonded together using the bonding module, and the resulting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

HOWTO: Linux multihomed dns client - reverse lookup

The following thread is closed: 133552-howto-linux-multihomed-dns-client (Sorry I am not allowed to post URLs) Therefore I write this append in an own thread. The HOWTO in the referenced thread helped me a lot and I only want to append how to make reverse lookup working for a local zone: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scheruga
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

DNS A-Record point to another DNS

Hi, I have a question on how to point the DNS server-1's A-record to second DNS server, which is DNS server-2. So, the computer can access other domain which only listed in the DNS server-2. The scenario is as follow: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6333/12234.png How to configure this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
priv_policy(9F)                                            Kernel Functions for Drivers                                            priv_policy(9F)

NAME
priv_policy, priv_policy_only, priv_policy_choice - check, report, and audit privileges SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/cred.h> int priv_policy(const cred_t *cr, int priv, int err, const char *msg); int priv_policy_only(const cred_t *cr, int priv); int priv_policy_choice(const cred_t *cr, int priv); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
cr The credential to be checked. priv The integer value of the privilege to test. err The error code to return. msg String that is added to the privilege debugging message if one is generated. NULL if no additional information is needed. Because the function name is included in the output, NULL is usually the best value to pass as a parameter. DESCRIPTION
These functions aid in privilege checking and privilege debugging. priv_policy(), priv_policy_only(), and priv_policy_choice() all check whether priv is asserted in the effective set of the credential. The special value PRIV_ALL tests for all privileges. priv_policy() updates the ASU accounting flag and records the privilege used on success in the audit trail if the required privilege was not a basic privilege. priv_policy_only() checks whether a privilege is asserted and has no side effects. priv_policy_choice() behaves like priv_policy_only() but records the successfully used non-basic privileges in the audit trail. RETURN VALUES
On success, priv_policy() return 0. On failure it returns its parameter err. On success, priv_policy_choice() and priv_policy_only() return 1, on failure both return 0. ERRORS
EINVAL This might be caused by any of the following: o The flags parameter is invalid. o The specified privilege does not exist. o The priv parameter contains invalid characters. ENOMEM There is no room to allocate another privilege. ENAMETOOLONG An attempt was made to allocate a privilege that was longer than {PRIVNAME_MAX} characters. CONTEXT
This functions can be called from user or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acct(3HEAD), attributes(5), privileges(5) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 9 Dec 2002 priv_policy(9F)