Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ID3 tagging script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ID3 tagging script Post 302113962 by SimonDorfman on Wednesday 11th of April 2007 03:32:09 PM
Old 04-11-2007
I figured it out. Here's my working script. Again, thanks for the help!

Code:
#!/bin/sh

for file in "$@"
do
   # Strip directory and extension of each file.
   in_base=${file##*/}
   in_noext=${in_base%.*}

# Tag each file's ID3 field "Album Artist" (a.k.a.-"Band/Orchestra/Accompaniment") with the file name
   /opt/local/bin/id3v2 --TPE2 "$in_noext" "${file}"
done

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CVS Tagging Script

Hi All, We have to tag all source code files to prepare a release kit. We have one CVS Project under which all files have to be tagged. We use the following cvs command to tag a specific version of a file: 'cvs rtag -r X.XX -F "newbuild" somefile' This command asks for the CVS Login... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 VLAN tagging with ce interface

Hi, Is it possible to VLAN tag with a ce interface on Solaris 9? Link speed is gb. ce:0:ce0:link_speed 1000 I have a ce0 interface I would need to have access to another VLAN as well as the one it's currently on. What commands would I need to run? Thanks.;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion (Thread) Tagging Upgrades

Dear All, I have made significant progress coding new discussion thread tagging features. As always, we want all users to tag thread and moderators to tag threads with relevant keywords. Moving forward, in addition to the #1 important "human tagging", we will also auto tag threads with one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
ID3(1)							      General Commands Manual							    ID3(1)

NAME
id3 - an ID3 tag editor. SYNOPSIS
id3 [-tTaAycg newdata] file1 [file2 [file3...]] id3 -l file1 [file2 [file3...]] id3 -d file1 [file2 [file3...]] id3 -L DESCRIPTION
id3 is an ID3 v1.1 tag editor. ID3 tags are traditionally put at the end of compressed streamed audio files to denote information about the audio contents. Up to thirty characters of Title, Artist, and Album information can be stored, as well as a 28-character comment, four- digit year, track number up to 255, and an enumerated genre. OPTIONS
-t title Sets the title tag to the first 28 characters of title. -T track Sets the track tag to a number between 0 and 255. -a artist Sets the artist tag to the first 28 characters of artist. -A album Sets the album tag to the first 28 characters of album. -y year Sets the year tag to the first 4 characters of year. -c comment Sets the comment tag to the first 28 characters of comment. -g genre Sets the genre number tag using a genre number or predefined genre label. -l List/view the ID3 tag. -L List all genre tags. -R Use rfc822-style output for tag printout. -d Delete the ID3 tag. BUGS
The ID3 format has some shortcomings. There is a 1 in 16777216 chance of your mp3 having a certain bit-pattern, causing id3 to write over the last 128 bytes of your mp3 upon tag creation. If you add a track number to an ID3 v1.0 tag, the last two characters of the comment string will be truncated. Any bugs found in id3 should be forwarded to the author, Robert Woodcock <rcw@debian.org>. ID3(1)