Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Spammers: Advice being sought Post 302113815 by cbkihong on Tuesday 10th of April 2007 10:59:59 AM
Old 04-10-2007
Hi Zazzybob,

I have been able to block those requests from actually sending email with my present strategy. What I am interested to know, is that, as sysadmins whether you are hunting those frequent abusers down and report to the netblock owner concerned? Or put the question simply, what are your typical resolution for issues like that?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How were UNIX machines taken over by SPAMMERS?

Hello, Three of our machines at work were sending out SPAM on the internet. 2 of them were so old I knew that the hackers just exploited the vulnerabilities in the old systems. The cause of concern is that one one of the machines is a new Centos 5.3 box.The only proof we have is that 4-6 emails... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & basename puzzler - advise sought

Hi I have been able generate a file ($ELOG) that can have multiple lines within it. The first column represents the full path source file and the other is the full path target ... the file names are the same but the target directory paths are slightly different. <source_dir1>/file1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidra
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traceback spammers using an obfuscation of their URL

I have on occasion been forced to divulge my address to the odd enterprise, here and there. Some time later I've mysteriously found myself on the receiving end of spam. I have a plan to copy said enterprise's domain or part thereof to a bash terminal and obfuscate it, then paste the obfuscated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nohspamjose
2 Replies
strategy(9E)							Driver Entry Points						      strategy(9E)

NAME
strategy - perform block I/O SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/buf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixstrategy(struct buf *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). This entry point is required for block devices. PARAMETERS
bp Pointer to the buf(9S) structure. DESCRIPTION
The strategy() routine is called indirectly (through cb_ops(9S)) by the kernel to read and write blocks of data on the block device. strat- egy() may also be called directly or indirectly to support the raw character interface of a block device (read(9E), write(9E) and ioctl(9E)). The strategy() routine's responsibility is to set up and initiate the transfer. In general, strategy() should not block. It can, however, perform a kmem_cache_alloc(9F) with both the KM_PUSHPAGE and KM_SLEEP flags set, which might block, without causing deadlock in low memory situations. RETURN VALUES
The strategy() function must return 0. On an error condition, it should call bioerror(9f) to set b_flags to the proper error code, and call biodone(9f). Note that a partial transfer is not considered to be an error. SEE ALSO
ioctl(9E), read(9E), write(9E), biodone(9F), bioerror(9F), buf(9S), cb_ops(9S), kmem_cache_alloc(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2003 strategy(9E)