Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Strange Number comparison issue Post 302113688 by reborg on Monday 9th of April 2007 06:25:04 AM
Old 04-09-2007
The numbers are too large for a -gt or -lt type comparison.

Try it with a numerical comparison:

Code:
if (( STARTTIME > DATE_TIME )) ; then
fi

or
Code:
if (( $STARTTIME > $DATE_TIME )) ; then
fi

*note in numerical comparison the "$" on the variables can be either ommitted or used

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

root Password ... strange issue

hi there , :cool: um facing a problem with my root passwd i want to set my root password and when i do i get the following :: # # passwd passwd: Changing password for root New Password: Re-enter new Password: passwd(SYSTEM): They don't match. Please try again New Password:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrali
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange issue

I have created a server monitor program in Java that connects to servers via SSH and constantly refreshes the new server load every 3 mins. The problem is that even though it is a Java app running shell commands to get the load info, the commands still appear in 'history'. The question is.. is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndrewSH
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with String Comparison (if)

Hi, I was trying to do a string comparison using if. However, the comparison result is getting treated as a executable statement. I'm not sure where I'm making the mistake! $ typeset TEST_VAR='YUP' $ if ; then echo 'Got It!'; fi; ksh: : not found. Any help is appreciated! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterdrop
3 Replies

4. Web Development

Strange Mysql issue

Hi all, I recently changed the name of my hostname from 'abc123' to 'abc456' (as an example). I then added a user in my mysql database with the new host and removed references to the old users and hostname. The strange thing is though, a process using the database still uses the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stupid issue with number comparison

Hello all, I'm having an infuriating issue with number comparison. Basically I've written a script that runs in cygwin that SSH's to 4 servers, figures out a success percentage and if it is less than a certain point, triggers an alarm. I've managed to get it to connect to the servers, figure out... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange variable comparison result in awk

So, I'm making a little awk script that generates a range-based histogram of a set of numbers. I've stumbled onto a strange thing. Toward the end of the process, I have this test: if ( bindex < s ) "bindex" is the "index" of my "bin" (the array element that gets incremented whenever a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparison of number in linux..

hi all experts, i=1; while do echo $i $i=$i+1 done can I use min=2 max=5 if (($min > $ max)) then else (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with files comparison, help me with a logic

Can someone please help me with a unix logic for below. I tried to get the desired output by using change capture condition in Datastage but its not working properly. i have two files file1, file2 as below. file1 ROW_NO VEND_NO CODE AIR_D OCEAN_D ---------------------------------------- 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negative number comparison using nawk on Linux

Hi All, I am trying to compare two negative numbers using awk on linux.But it is giving me wrong result.Same code is working perfectly on solaris. print ((0+new_price) < MIN_PRICE) e.g If I try to compare -1.32(new_price) and -500(min_price) using "<" operator, output is 1 i.e true. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmee
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Issue with sendmail

more works.sh #!/bin/ksh { print "From: reportgenerator@myserver.com" print "To: randomguy@myfirm.com" print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print "Content-Type: text/html" print "Subject: Disk Report" print "<body>" print "<table border=1>" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
XtSetSensitive(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 						 XtSetSensitive(3)

NAME
XtSetSensitive, XtIsSensitive - set and check a widget's sensitivity state SYNTAX
void XtSetSensitive(Widget w, Boolean sensitive); Boolean XtIsSensitive(Widget w); ARGUMENTS
sensitive Specifies a Boolean value that indicates whether the widget should receive keyboard and pointer events. w Specifies the widget. DESCRIPTION
The XtSetSensitive function first calls XtSetValues on the current widget with an argument list specifying that the sensitive field should change to the new value. It then recursively propagates the new value down the managed children tree by calling XtSetValues on each child to set the ancestor_sensitive to the new value if the new values for sensitive and the child's ancestor_sensitive are not the same. XtSetSensitive calls XtSetValues to change sensitive and ancestor_sensitive. Therefore, when one of these changes, the widget's set_values procedure should take whatever display actions are needed (for example, greying out or stippling the widget). XtSetSensitive maintains the invariant that if parent has either sensitive or ancestor_sensitive False, then all children have ances- tor_sensitive False. The XtIsSensitive function returns True or False to indicate whether or not user input events are being dispatched. If both core.sensitive and core.ancestor_sensitive are True, XtIsSensitive returns True; otherwise, it returns False. SEE ALSO
X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.0.7 XtSetSensitive(3)