Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: last logged on info
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting last logged on info Post 302113560 by nokia1100 on Saturday 7th of April 2007 10:16:41 AM
Old 04-07-2007
Question last logged on info

Hi
how can I know the details of when valid system users last logged on?

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

know who logged and logged out with their timings

being ordinary user (not having any administrative rights) can avail myself a facility to know who logged and logged out with their timings get popped onto my terminal as if it get echo 'ed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkandati
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Need help getting logged in to server

Help!! I cannot log in. Last command I entered was set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to EXCLUSIVE. Since rebooting the server I am unable to bring up the OS bebcause 'root' is gone and I am guessing all other users' files. If anyone knows a back door way into server so I can rebuild passwd file I'd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayewil
1 Replies

3. AIX

crontab changes logged?

Hi, We have had a situation where our informix cron had an entry changed, we rubn a checkscript that showed the changed at 23:50 however when the script was due to run on the new schedule 00:00 it didnt start and investigating the crontab the entry was removed? any idea's where I can find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su ?? Who logged in First ??

Hi all, Say my login user id is "t007" and I login into the unix server first using my id and password and then I used to use "su" command to switch the user using root user id and password. Now, how the third person will come to know who has logged in as a first user ? As: Login: t007... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

5. Programming

logged in or logged out?

I have wrote a service with c++ which is always run and now I want to get with it the exact time in that the user log in or log out and then run a script. but the problem is that how could i find that the user logged in or logged out with out checking something frequently? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhosseini
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who are all logged out

I have a situation where I have to capture information of all users who log out, along with the terminal info(tty command). For example, I may have logged in with /dev/pts/2 as well as /dev/pts4. Now, when I log out of the session with /dev/pts/2, I need that to be sent in an email to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users Not Logged in

I have searched the forums but have not mangaed to quite find what im looking for. I have used to /etc/passwd command to present me a list of all users the who command to present all users currently logged on, but what i want to know is what command can i use to display users that are registered... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

who logged in

Hi friends I want to get a list of users who have logged in before 10 'o clock in the morning on a given date . I tried with who and last commands but last gives only the last login time How do i find who logged before 10 'o clock Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last user logged in

hi! How can I find into: /var/log/messages.4 /var/log/messages.3 /var/log/messages.2 /var/log/messages.1 /var/log/messages The last user do a login? (for example user1) My idea is to search by the pattern "Accepted password for" buy I necessary search into all files first and in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
2 Replies
USERS(1)							   User Commands							  USERS(1)

NAME
users - print the user names of users currently logged in to the current host SYNOPSIS
users [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
Output who is currently logged in according to FILE. If FILE is not specified, use /var/run/utmp. /var/log/wtmp as FILE is common. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by Joseph Arceneaux and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report users bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report users translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for users is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and users programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'users invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.12.197-032bb September 2011 USERS(1)