Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Automatic Log files to my E-mail. Post 302113556 by ennstate on Saturday 7th of April 2007 08:47:26 AM
Old 04-07-2007
Mailing an log file as attachment

The forum has answer,

http://unix.com/showthread.php?t=23604&highlight=mailx

Thanks,
Nagarajan Ganesan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail with automatic signature

Hi everybody! I want to know if someone knows about a program that "inserts" a graphic in the signature of a mail user. Let me be more clear. I'm mail admin in a company that uses Netscape Messaging Server 4.15, and my boss wants to put a graphic christmas message in all the outgoing mails. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

automatic copying files from external hard drives

I need to make it possible to automatically copy files from an external usb hard drive to a directory when i plug it in....if you can point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful....thanks a lot. :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: backman4sakn
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic transfering of files using scp

I'm in the process of writing a shell script with copies files from one linux box to another using scp. I wish to run this through a cronjob so it cannot be interactive. This is what I have so far. #!/bin/sh PASSWD='passswd' dateset=$( date | awk '{print $2 $3 $6}') for dates in $dateset;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tcruicksh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for automatic deletion of old files

Hi, I have a folder with limited space. I do not have provisions to increase the space for this folder. So i have to delete files which are more than 1 month old automatically. But, i need to maintain the files created by 4 users and delete all the other files automatically which is more than 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Script for automatic deletion of trash file of mail server

Hi, I have a mail server with limited space and operating system is sun solaris 8 (sparc). I do not have provisions to increase the space for home directory. So i have to delete files from /home/username/mail/trash which are more than 10 days old automatically. So my script should be like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crown2100bd
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

automatic mail sending

Hi all, I want to send an e-mail automatically from linux machine to any other domain like wise gmail.com or yahoo.co.in. We have MSexchange server as a mail server. How to send e-mail from command line to other mail-IDs via exchange server. Please help.. Thanks advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokkumar.p
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for sending automatic email to personal mail id

hi guys, I need a shell script to send mail automatically to my personal mail id like xxxx@hotmail.com but while experimenting with "mail" command I faced following problems. cat text1.txt | mail -s 'test mail' xxxx@hotmail.com command successfully executed but while checking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic FTP-Download | not files older then x days

Hey Guys, i need to download files from a ftp-server that not older than $VAR (x) days eg for seven days ./script 7 or two weeks ./script 14 all files from the last 14 days will download but how i can explain "ftp" this? sorry for my strange english :/ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetex
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Email of Log Files in OSX

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script that will take the log files from a single folder (all ending with .log), put them into an archive, use something to encrypt the file, and then emailx to email the resulting encrypted archive to me. Of course, I am open to suggestions on how to improve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DotNaBox
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How i can place in a log file an automatic chrome opener?

Okay, so i have this problem, i have a raspberry with rasbian lite (now i have openbox running on) and i do a few script for my client. But i have a question and a problem.... i got the logs file, that file need to open automatically the browser without having to do all the steps again at the next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oltrix
1 Replies
MHMAIL(1)                                                            [nmh-1.5]                                                           MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)