Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Automatic Log files to my E-mail. Post 302113551 by adel8483 on Saturday 7th of April 2007 07:29:18 AM
Old 04-07-2007
Automatic Log files to my E-mail.

Hi,

I have 6 servers, I want to make a script to read the messages (/var/adm/messages) file daily in the morning and send it automatically to my E-mail address.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail with automatic signature

Hi everybody! I want to know if someone knows about a program that "inserts" a graphic in the signature of a mail user. Let me be more clear. I'm mail admin in a company that uses Netscape Messaging Server 4.15, and my boss wants to put a graphic christmas message in all the outgoing mails. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

automatic copying files from external hard drives

I need to make it possible to automatically copy files from an external usb hard drive to a directory when i plug it in....if you can point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful....thanks a lot. :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: backman4sakn
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic transfering of files using scp

I'm in the process of writing a shell script with copies files from one linux box to another using scp. I wish to run this through a cronjob so it cannot be interactive. This is what I have so far. #!/bin/sh PASSWD='passswd' dateset=$( date | awk '{print $2 $3 $6}') for dates in $dateset;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tcruicksh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for automatic deletion of old files

Hi, I have a folder with limited space. I do not have provisions to increase the space for this folder. So i have to delete files which are more than 1 month old automatically. But, i need to maintain the files created by 4 users and delete all the other files automatically which is more than 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Script for automatic deletion of trash file of mail server

Hi, I have a mail server with limited space and operating system is sun solaris 8 (sparc). I do not have provisions to increase the space for home directory. So i have to delete files from /home/username/mail/trash which are more than 10 days old automatically. So my script should be like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crown2100bd
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

automatic mail sending

Hi all, I want to send an e-mail automatically from linux machine to any other domain like wise gmail.com or yahoo.co.in. We have MSexchange server as a mail server. How to send e-mail from command line to other mail-IDs via exchange server. Please help.. Thanks advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokkumar.p
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for sending automatic email to personal mail id

hi guys, I need a shell script to send mail automatically to my personal mail id like xxxx@hotmail.com but while experimenting with "mail" command I faced following problems. cat text1.txt | mail -s 'test mail' xxxx@hotmail.com command successfully executed but while checking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic FTP-Download | not files older then x days

Hey Guys, i need to download files from a ftp-server that not older than $VAR (x) days eg for seven days ./script 7 or two weeks ./script 14 all files from the last 14 days will download but how i can explain "ftp" this? sorry for my strange english :/ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetex
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Email of Log Files in OSX

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script that will take the log files from a single folder (all ending with .log), put them into an archive, use something to encrypt the file, and then emailx to email the resulting encrypted archive to me. Of course, I am open to suggestions on how to improve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DotNaBox
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How i can place in a log file an automatic chrome opener?

Okay, so i have this problem, i have a raspberry with rasbian lite (now i have openbox running on) and i do a few script for my client. But i have a question and a problem.... i got the logs file, that file need to open automatically the browser without having to do all the steps again at the next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oltrix
1 Replies
mailsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      mailsetup(8)

NAME
mailsetup - Configures the host's mail system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mailsetup [-f file] OPTIONS
Specifies the name of the resulting configuration file. DESCRIPTION
The mailsetup script sets up the sendmail system on your host. You can use this script to do a quick setup where defaults are used or to do a more extensive setup. Alternatively, you can use the mailconfig command. Before you run the mailsetup script, your machine should be established on a local area network (LAN). If you want to use domain-based addressing, you must also configure the Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) service in your environment. Furthermore, if you want to dis- tribute your /var/adm/sendmail/aliases database (see aliases(4)) amongst the machines in your environment, you must configure the Network Information Service (NIS). See the Network Administration guide, bind_intro(7), and nis_intro(7) for more information about the BIND and NIS services. For a quick setup, the only information you are asked for is the name of the mail relay you are using and which users are considered local. For the more extensive setup, you are asked for the same information in addition to UUCP, DECnet, and UMC configuration information, mail aliases for your machine, local address formats, and other domain information. You must run the mailsetup script as superuser and with the system in multiuser mode. When you run mailsetup a menu is displayed giving you a choice of responses. You are then prompted for further information. If you do not use the -f option, before mailsetup exits, it asks if you wish to restart your mail with this new configuration. If you answer no, your configuration file is saved in /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.cf.tmp and the install is aborted. If you answer yes, your /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.cf file is moved to /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.cf.orig, if no file by this name exists. If /var/adm/send- mail/sendmail.cf.orig exists, /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.cf is moved to /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.cf.n, where n is the version number (0 to 6 where 0 is the most recent). The new configuration file is then moved to /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.cf and sendmail is restarted. If you use the -f option, the configuration file is saved with the file name specified and sendmail is not restarted. The mailsetup script produces the following three files in /var/adm/sendmail: sendmail.m4 hostname.m4 Makefile.cf.hostname You can fine tune your configuration by modifying the hostname.m4 file and issuing a make -f Makefile.cf.hostname command, which produces a hostname.cf file. You can then copy the hostname.cf file to sendmail.cf and restart sendmail using the /sbin/init.d/sendmail restart com- mand. Running mailsetup To set up your mail system using the mailsetup script, log in as root and complete the following steps: Invoke the mailsetup script. The script asks whether you want to do a quick setup. If you answer yes, the mailsetup script prompts you for the following information: The name of the general-purpose relay If you want to modify the list of aliases and users that are considered local If you want to complete the mail setup To do an advanced mail setup, answer no. The mailsetup script prompts you for the information you collected on the worksheet. When you finish providing the information, the mailsetup script asks if you want to complete the configuration. If you answer yes, the script moves the new sendmail.cf file to the system space, saves the old sendmail.cf file, and restarts sendmail. If you answer no, the script moves the new sendmail.cf file to /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.cf.tmp and exits. Running mailsetup in a TruCluster Server Cluster The following restrictions apply to setting up mail with the mailsetup script in a TruCluster Server cluster: You can run the mailsetup script on an entire cluster, but not focused on any one cluster member. If you try to run mailsetup with the -focus option, you will see the following error message: Mail can only be configured for the entire cluster. The cluster members and the cluster alias are added to the Cw macro, which defines the nicknames for the cluster. If you delete the cluster members or the cluster alias from the nicknames list via the mailsetup script, they are added again. If you do a quick setup with the mailsetup script, the cluster members and the cluster alias are automically added to the Cw macro (nicknames list) and you are not prompted to update the list of nicknames. Any file that includes the hostname string as part of the file name is changed to includecluster_alias. For example, hostname.m4 becomes cluster_alias.m4 and Makefile.cf.hostname becomes Makefile.cf.cluster_alias. FILES
Contains alias definitions for the sendmail program. Specifies the users who should receive mail on the local host. Specifies the send- mail configuration file. Specifies the mail setup product description for the configuration file. Specifies the backup configuration files. Specifies the original configuration file. Specifies the configuration file produced by mailsetup. Specifies the user config- urable file produced by mailsetup. In a TruCluster Server cluster, this file is named after the cluster alias, i.e., cluster_alias.m4. Specifies the Makefile file produced by mailsetup and used to make a hostname.cf file from the sendmail.cf and hostname.m4 files. In a Tru- Cluster Server cluster, this file is named after the cluster alias, i.e., Makefile.cf.cluster_alias. SEE ALSO
Commands: m4(1), , mailconfig(8), sendmail(8) Introductions: mail_intro(7), bind_intro(7), nis_intro(7) Network Administration mailsetup(8)