Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed in Basic UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help needed in Basic UNIX Post 302113508 by bobby36 on Friday 6th of April 2007 02:50:10 PM
Old 04-06-2007
Question Help needed in Basic UNIX

hi friends,
How to obtain list of groups we r a member of and redirect it to a file.
how to append the details of current OS to a file.
how to append the estimated file space to a file.
how to append the details of users loged on along wth their current activity into a file.

Thank you...I'm alien to UNIX OS.

Last edited by bobby36; 04-06-2007 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Please help mates just basics I guess

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Unix tools

I like to know the bare minimum development/ testing tools which can be used with Unix environment wherein the applications are written in different combination - C++ COBOL.. I like to know list of development, performance, testing tools that can be used in Unix . Thanks in advance ls1429 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ls1429
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic Unix Question?

is there any reason why a user would want to create an empty file in Unix? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic unix

okay, im having some trouble. Go ahead, call me a retard, but i keep getting stuck. Suppose i want to open a Picture of Jesus(for the sake of simplicity) using unix. I type: open Desktop/Pictures/Jesus.jpg It opens, and its all well and good. But, suppose i want to open a picture called Joe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HipCracka
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix basic help

What command would I use to list the first lines of all text files within my Unix directory or within any directory inside there? I was using "find" , "head" and "-exec" commands like this: find ~/Unix -name "*.txt" -exec head {} \; But its not perfectly working, please help me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carrera911
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with basic unix script

What I am supposed to do is creat a menu with the following Find a song Find a album Sort by artist Delete a song Add a new song Quit Now the file with the song information is database Here is what I have so far #!/bin/bash #================================================= #Script Name:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stp0052
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix beginner. Need some very basic help.

Hey all I'm working on a script that will scour a directory of 6000+ files for a line that at the end has a number. Something like 'The number of outputs is: 39200' I'm trying to devise a script to add all of these numbers up, so far I have the grep statement that pulls out each individual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiznaraN
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with basic search

hi, im trying to find the longest word in /usr/share/dict/words that does not contain the letter i. i've tried using the wc -L command like so: $ wc -L /usr/share/dict/words which basically tells me the longest word which is good but how do i get the longest word which Does not contain the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tryintolearn
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Basic FAQS in unix

can any body tell me this followings in details when do we use this & in which senario we most use this 1.GSD raising 2.MOSFET checks 3.Audit remedation 4.KBS fixes thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help with Basic Unix Program

I am a newbie to UNIX. I'm learning UNIX on my own, just trying to get the jerk of how things work in UNIX environment. I am familiar with Windows environment. Can anyone pls write simple 'envprint' programs to : 1) List all the environment Information (using the -l or --l options) 2) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agup17
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic doubt in UNIX

Hi, I'm new to this and very much interested to learn unix. Can any one explain me the symbols y we use this is scripting(~ and $). It would be great if some one explain with the eg. Thanks Naveen A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranaveen
2 Replies
FcPatternAdd(3) 														   FcPatternAdd(3)

NAME
FcPatternAdd - Add a value to a pattern SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lfontconfig [ library... ] #include <fontconfig.h> FcBool FcPatternAdd (FcPattern *p, const char *object, FcValue value, FcBool append); DESCRIPTION
Adds a single value to the list of values associated with the property named `object. If `append is FcTrue, the value is added at the end of any existing list, otherwise it is inserted at the begining. `value' is saved (with FcValueSave) when inserted into the pattern so that the library retains no reference to any application-supplied data structure. VERSION
Fontconfig version 2.5.0 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfontconfig | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |See XInitThreads(3X11) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ 13 November 2007 FcPatternAdd(3)