Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting is not an identifier error Post 302113461 by swat on Friday 6th of April 2007 09:12:32 AM
Old 04-06-2007
No yaar its still giving problem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

': not a valid identifier

I am trying to write a bash script. I am able to do simple things like pass arguments, assign variables and echo the results. However, when I try to declare and array or anything a little more complicated I get ': not a valid identifier Here is my code so far: #!/bin/bash echo start t... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: script123
7 Replies

2. Solaris

-sh: is not an identifier

Hi , I am getting the following message when log into my unix account in sun solaris (version5.9)server. -sh: ORACLE_HOME=/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1: is not an identifier The ORACLE_HOME is set in .profile file. Another thing is that SID is also set inside .profile like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

not an identifier

Hi I have already gone through this topic on this forum, but still i am getting same problem. I am using solaris 10. my login shell is /usr/bash i have got a script as below /home/gyan> cat 3.cm #!/usr/bin/ksh export PROG_NAME=rpaa001 if i run this script as below , it works fine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanibaba
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

is not an identifier error

Hi gurus, I am trying to execute a shell script which connects to the oracle db and get the values from a table and then it exports the values on UNIX. For this, I am creating a temp file which stores the values returned from the select query and then executes this file. Below is the code which... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

is not an identifier

Hi Guys... I am using the following codes in my script: SID_L=`cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab|grep -v "^#"|cut -f1 -d: -s` SID_VAR=$SID_L for SID_RUN in $SID_VAR do ORACLE_HOME=`grep ^$SID_RUN /var/opt/oracle/oratab | \ awk -F: '{print $2}'` ;export ORACLE_HOME export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ORACLE_SID= ...: is not an identifier

Hello All, On My solaris 5.10 SPARC, i am always having problems setting my Oracle variables. even if it exists in the .profile file. below is an example $ export ORACLE_SID=test ORACLE_SID=test: is not an identifier even that the echo is returning the variable $ echo $ORACLE_SID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifier issue

Hi, We are in the process of migrating our servers from Solaris to AIX. During our testing phase, while we are testing the scripts(reccnt.int), we are getting the following error during execution: /reccnt.int: a:fname:b:dte:tme:eqind:norecs:cntr:c:d:e:f: is not an identifier It is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while extracting a line from a file based on identifier

here is the content of input file CREATE TABLE `bla bla bla` ( `allianceSiteId` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `trunkGroupsId` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `lastModified` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, UNIQUE KEY `allianceSiteId`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Is not a identifier error

Hi I am trying to execute a script. I have solaris 10, After i login i will toggle to BASH. The script tried to set a variable called CARBON_HOME. Even i tried to set it manually. But still it is saying the following error.:wall: " CARBON_HOME=/usr/wso2/wso2esb-4.0.0: is not an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanagurus
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compilation Error--Undeclared Identifier

Hello, I am trying to install BBFTP software on my Mac (OS X), and am running into some compilation errors. Here is the code, the specific errors are listed after: #include <dirent.h> #include <errno.h> #include <fnmatch.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <syslog.h> #include <sys/stat.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tyler_92
1 Replies
PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)													      PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_activate - activate a capture handle SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_activate(pcap_t *p); DESCRIPTION
pcap_activate() is used to activate a packet capture handle to look at packets on the network, with the options that were set on the handle being in effect. RETURN VALUE
pcap_activate() returns 0 on success without warnings, PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP on success on a device that doesn't support promiscuous mode if promiscuous mode was requested, PCAP_WARNING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP on success if the time stamp type specified in a previous pcap_set_tstamp_type() call isn't supported by the capture source (the time stamp type is left as the default), PCAP_WARNING on success with any other warning, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if the handle has already been activated, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE if the capture source specified when the handle was created doesn't exist, PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED if the process doesn't have permission to open the capture source, PCAP_ERROR_PROMISC_PERM_DENIED if the process has permission to open the capture source but doesn't have permission to put it into promiscuous mode, PCAP_ERROR_RFMON_NOTSUP if monitor mode was specified but the capture source doesn't support monitor mode, PCAP_ERROR_IFACE_NOT_UP if the capture source is not up, and PCAP_ERROR if another error occurred. If PCAP_WARNING or PCAP_ERROR is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display a message describing the warning or error. If PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, or PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display an message giving additional details about the problem that might be useful for debugging the problem if it's unexpected. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP) 5 April 2008 PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)