Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: simple scanf issue ?
Top Forums Programming simple scanf issue ? Post 302113434 by the_learner on Friday 6th of April 2007 02:28:39 AM
Old 04-06-2007
hmm on googling, it seems that there is no such a way !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Scanf problem under LINUX...

I have a problem reading characters from keyboard with the scanf function. Here there is a little piece of code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> /* The last 3 libraries are included because in the real program I use some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotronic
4 Replies

2. Programming

scanf with strings... please help

hi i am a beginner to C i have encountered a problem with my assignment, and i have researched it on the internet, but unfortunately i didn't find anything related to that. i am writing a simple program that takes user's input by prompt command, and parse the whole line into an array of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inkfish
1 Replies

3. Programming

problem with scanf

hi all! i've written a simple c program: #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> int main() { int a; char b; char c; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

simple issue..

I have a program. Everytime that I run that program ,it prints a disclaimer msg and prompts the user to accept the agreement (i.e: type 'y' or 'n'). Now I want to run the program multiple times with different inputs. So I wrote a script which runs in a loop and calls the program multiple times.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date issue

Hi all, i have used the search already before someone shouts at me and i have seen the 'datecalc' program but this is not working correctly for me in the shell and environment i am using. I am using solaris 10 and bourne shell. I have two dates '07-04-2009' and '05-05-2009'. I just need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Cut issue

I have a long string that looks something like this.... <string>http://abc.com/40/20/zzz061-3472/dP3rXLpPPV2KC846nJ4VXpH7jt4b3LJgkL/tarfile_date.tar</string> I need to but the tar file name. So I need to put between "/" and ".tar</string>". My desired result should be "tarfile_date". (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
7 Replies

7. Programming

Better than scanf

I don't know how to do this: printf("creazione nuovo messaggio\n"); printf("insert dest\n"); scanf("%s",dest); printf("insert object\n"); scanf("%s",ogg); printf("inserire text\n"); scanf("%s",test); ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: italian_boy
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple SED issue

Hi! I'm a newbie and can't find the exact sed to make this work. I've installed CentOS and am trying to pass variables to a network-config file. variables: $ipAddress $netmask $gateway file: DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.IP=192.168.1.10 DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.Netmask=255.255.255.0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greipr
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple issue, what is wrong?

I had this working a few days ago but I since changed it. Heres the code x=1 while 1 2 3 4 5 6 1=$(ps -ef | grep process | awk '{ print $2}') if then echo "The database is accepting connections..." echo "Now I will check the next process" 2=$(ps -ef | grep process1 |... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date issue

Hi , Here is the smaller version of the problem. Working individually as command ************************>echo $SHELL /bin/bash ************************>TO_DAY=`date` ************************>echo $TO_DAY Tue Jul 16 02:28:31 EDT 2013 ************************> Not working when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
5 Replies
PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual					    PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)

NAME
pam_timestamp_check - Check to see if the default timestamp is valid SYNOPSIS
pam_timestamp_check [-k] [-d] [target_user] DESCRIPTION
With no arguments pam_timestamp_check will check to see if the default timestamp is valid, or optionally remove it. OPTIONS
-k Instead of checking the validity of a timestamp, remove it. This is analogous to sudo's -k option. -d Instead of returning validity using an exit status, loop indefinitely, polling regularly and printing the status on standard output. target_user By default pam_timestamp_check checks or removes timestamps generated by pam_timestamp when the user authenticates as herself. When the user authenticates as a different user, the name of the timestamp file changes to accommodate this. target_user allows to specify this user name. RETURN VALUES
0 The timestamp is valid. 2 The binary is not setuid root. 3 Invalid invocation. 4 User is unknown. 5 Permissions error. 6 Invalid controlling tty. 7 Timestamp is not valid. NOTES
Users can get confused when they are not always asked for passwords when running a given program. Some users reflexively begin typing information before noticing that it is not being asked for. EXAMPLES
auth sufficient pam_timestamp.so verbose auth required pam_unix.so session required pam_unix.so session optional pam_timestamp.so FILES
/var/run/sudo/... timestamp files and directories SEE ALSO
pam_timestamp_check(8), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_tally was written by Nalin Dahyabhai. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)