Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SETI Finds Stolen Laptop
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements SETI Finds Stolen Laptop Post 302113420 by mobile_app on Thursday 5th of April 2007 10:14:45 PM
Old 04-05-2007
Wow--its a news to me. I believe it will become very essential in the days to come. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS finds a ghost?

Hello, I have problems executing a script in ksh with this script named process.sh: ps -ef | grep process.sh | grep -v grep | wc -l | read a if then echo "The script is running" exit 0 fiThe problem is that when I execute the script, sometimes it shows the message "The script is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jguirao
10 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine multiple finds into 1-liner

How to combine 3 find statements into 1-liner? find statements: cd ${dir1} ; find . ! -name . -prune -type f | xargs file | grep -i ascii | cut -f1 -d: | xargs grep -l "${searchtxt}" cd ${dir2} ; find . ! -name . -prune -type f | xargs file | grep -i ascii | cut -f1 -d: | xargs grep -l... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -size -7M finds files, but won't cp them all

If I run: find /somefolder -type f -size -7M | wc -l I get 73594 files But when I run find /somefolder -type f -size -7M -exec /bin/cp -v {} /someotherfolder/ \; it only copies 38891 of the files to the folder, why? There's a mix of all types of files in /somefolder. Is there some other... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed finds nothing but it changes file's timestamp

I must go through some files to change a certain string within text files to another string. I use openSUSE and folders are mounted by cifs. Text to be replaced (only in .m extension) is U:\FOLDER and new string is N: That works fine with spaces in directory names etc., but this process ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pappa41
5 Replies

6. BSD

Compiling BOINC/Seti@Home for OpenBSD 5.3 Sparc64

I used to use x86 Linux clients for this years ago, but ceased all activity until last night. I have resurrected an old Sun Blade 100, which used to run Solaris 9, when I first owned it, in the 2003 period, but now is very much alive with 2 gig of new ram, and and extra 10 gig of drive space... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichardET
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finds all duplicate files

Hi, How would you write bash script that given a directory as an argument and finds all duplicate files (with same contents - by using bytewise comparison) there and prints their names? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elior
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command finds some, misses some

The contents of my home directory: bin Desktop Documents Downloads folders Music Pictures Public Templates Videos When I run the command for file in /home/myself/*d*; do if ; then echo $file; fi; doneit finds /home/myself/Downloads /home/myself/Videos but not "folders". ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
5 Replies
createhomedir(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  createhomedir(1)

NAME
createhomedir -- create and populate home directories on the local computer. SYNOPSIS
createhomedir [-scbalh] [-n directoryDomainName] [-u username] DESCRIPTION
createhomedir provides several options for creating and populating home directories. OPTIONS
-s creates home directories for server home paths only (default). -c creates home directories for local home paths only. -b creates home directories for both server and local home paths. -a creates home directories for users defined in all directory domains of the server's search path. -l creates home directories for users defined in the local directory domain. -n directoryDomainName creates home directories for users defined in a specific directory domain in the server's search path. -u username creates a home directory for a specific user defined in the domain(s) identified in the -a, -l, or -n parameter. If you omit the -a, -l, and -n parameters when you use the -u parameter, -a is assumed. -i reads username list from standard input and creates specified home directories. Each username should be on its own line. -h usage help. FILES
/usr/sbin/createhomedir location of tool CAVEATS
When using the -a option, search limits of various directory servers (such as Open Directory or Active Directory) can prevent all possible home directories from being created. In this case, you may need to specify the usernames explicitly. Mac OS X June 1, 2019 Mac OS X