Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Main Resursive is it possible Post 302113361 by krishna_sicsr on Thursday 5th of April 2007 11:53:13 AM
Old 04-05-2007
Data Problem With Main Resursive

Friends I am Trying this code to call main Recursively But It is showing segmentation errot

#include<stdio.h>
int main()
{
int i;
for(i=0;i<10;i++)
{
if(i==5)
{
exit(0);
}
else
{
main();
}
}
}

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to go to main prompt

Hi: I am new to HP-UX. After the system starts up, it is written in the documents that press any key within 10 sec to interrupt, and go to the main prompt, where I can select the boot device or boot from CD to recover system. However if I interrupt boot, it goes straight to HPUX> prompt. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitra123
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

main makefile

hello everyone.. am having problem with my so-called main makefile all my files are in the same folder, i was planning to make a single makefile that would make two executable but I got some errors so I separated them and used now i was wondering if I could create a single makefile... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideur
6 Replies

3. Programming

main function

Is it possible to execute any function before main() function in C or C++. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
6 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sendmail: help with main.mc

We compile the sendmail.cf file using main.mc. I have managed to place all of our configuration options in main.mc without a problem, with the exception of one. I want to have the HelpFile commented out by default in sendmail.cf. How can I instruct main.mc to place an entry for HelpFile in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

$? and main return value

It seems $? can only contain one byte. see below: int main() { return 0x12345678; } After I run the code and check the $? value it output 120, obviously it is the decimal of the last byte of 0x12345678. And if I return a value less than 255, the $? value seems right. Why? and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ISSUE IN main script

Hi , I have a script that will move files which have a datetime >= currentdate-N from a source to destination folder.the input parameter are 1) Configurable N days value,2) source folderand 3) destination folder and finally the output would be The old files are moved...I have developed the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nks342
14 Replies
strlen(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 strlen(3)

NAME
strlen - Finds the length of a string LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <string.h> size_t strlen( const char *s); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: strlen(): ISO C, XPG4 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies the string. DESCRIPTION
The strlen() function returns the number of bytes in the string pointed to by the s parameter. The string length value does not include the terminating null character. Note If you pass a NULL pointer as the const char * parameter to the strlen function, the function generates a segmentation violation. To avoid the segmentation violation and cause the function to return 0 (zero), change the NULL pointer treatment for the process before issuing the call to the strlen function, as follows: Include the system header file sys/uswitch.h. Call the uswitch function, as described in the uswitch(2) reference page. The following program illustrates this procedure: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/uswitch.h> main() { size_t retval; int uswitch_val; uswitch_val = uswitch(USC_GET,0); uswitch(USC_SET, uswitch_val | USW_NULLP); retval = strlen(NULL); RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, the strlen() function returns the number of characters (bytes) in the string to which the s parameter points. Current industry standards specify that no value be reserved to indicate an error. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: string(3), uswitch(2), wcslen(3) Standards: standards(5) delim off strlen(3)