Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot do this simple thing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cannot do this simple thing Post 302113314 by tantric on Thursday 5th of April 2007 02:31:01 AM
Old 04-05-2007
well, first the cursor is just after the '5'
second its just after the 'f'

third, the cursor is *on* the '5'

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumb thing to do

I'm writing for a friend. He has a SPARC system at home that has Solaris 7 on it. He did not yet create a user on it and has not set the CONSOLE to allow the root user to log in remotely. Now, something happened and the system will not even boot to the Boot PROM. How can he get into the system... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

very simple shell thing..

set a = 5 set b = a echo $b a // will print a I want to get echo ${$b} // something expression like this to get value of 'a' by accessing the value of b. 5 ie. fetching the value of a with the inputs of b ( frm b --thro a ---5) Is it possible to execute something like this? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shortcut thing?

Hey, im new to Linux...totally new. I know there is a way to assign a type of variable or something to a directory, so instead of having to type "cd /var/www" etc, I could just assign a variable to the directory, so I could just do "cd $assignedvar" and it would be there...if you get what I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Ok another small thing if anyone knows...

Hi i wanna change the look of my terminal. For example i wanted a black background and like a cyan colored text so it stands out against the black. Is there anyway i can do this?. I am running Mac OSX if that helps any at all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep related thing

Is there any way i can use grep to do this I have file which is continuously growing,I want grep to star search from say line number 1210 is that possible. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

need some help on this jolicloud thing??PLease help !!!!

i am not used to linux ubuntu... i get the same error code while booting from jolicloud.... can you help, please??????? i can't directly installed it because everytime i tried it, installation panel freezes, so i waited and it booted from live cd.... i tried to install jolicloud... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cemdede@hotmail
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between two cmmands that did the same thing

Hello everybody, Can you please help me unerstand the difference between: # grep word_we_are_looking_for /directory/file and # more /directory/file |grep word_we_are_looking_for I know that the result is the same. Thank you for your help. Please use next time code tags for your... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
5 Replies
CLOSE(7)							   SQL Commands 							  CLOSE(7)

NAME
CLOSE - close a cursor SYNOPSIS
CLOSE { name | ALL } DESCRIPTION
CLOSE frees the resources associated with an open cursor. After the cursor is closed, no subsequent operations are allowed on it. A cursor should be closed when it is no longer needed. Every non-holdable open cursor is implicitly closed when a transaction is terminated by COMMIT or ROLLBACK. A holdable cursor is implicitly closed if the transaction that created it aborts via ROLLBACK. If the creating transaction successfully commits, the holdable cursor remains open until an explicit CLOSE is executed, or the client disconnects. PARAMETERS
name The name of an open cursor to close. ALL Close all open cursors. NOTES
PostgreSQL does not have an explicit OPEN cursor statement; a cursor is considered open when it is declared. Use the DECLARE [declare(7)] statement to declare a cursor. You can see all available cursors by querying the pg_cursors system view. If a cursor is closed after a savepoint which is later rolled back, the CLOSE is not rolled back; that is, the cursor remains closed. EXAMPLES
Close the cursor liahona: CLOSE liahona; COMPATIBILITY
CLOSE is fully conforming with the SQL standard. CLOSE ALL is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
DECLARE [declare(7)], FETCH [fetch(7)], MOVE [move(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CLOSE(7)