Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Concatenation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenation Post 302113202 by Asteroid on Wednesday 4th of April 2007 05:05:47 AM
Old 04-04-2007
Code:
#!/bin/perl -w
use IO::Handle;

($day, $month, $year) = (localtime)[3,4,5];

$month=$month+1;
$year=$year+1700;
$DB_Date=printf("%02d%02d", $date, $Month);

open (dbfile, "/data1/scp/store/DB/0403/SCP_PP_SUBS.dat") or die "Couldn't get at THE FILE";

@data;
$credit;
$count =0;

print "DB_Date:: $DB_Date \n\n";                       
          print "LESS then the 100 Credit $day/$month/$year\n\n";  
           print "-------------------------------------------\n";

while (<dbfile>) 
 {

Do some file parsing operation

}

print "Total Count: $count \n";
close dbfile;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation

What is syntax for String concatenation? I have $1 as directory. $var is some variable value '/' String value. How do I have to concatenate if I have to run utility - util $1 followed by '/' followed by $var There is no space between these three. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Concatenation

Hi All, I need to concatenate the values in the array into a variable. Currently the code is : for (( i=1 ; i <= $minCount ; i++ )) do var="${var}""${sample_file}" done The output is : /tmp/1/tmp/2/tmp/3/tmp/4/tmp/5/tmp/6/tmp/7/tmp/8/tmp/9/tmp/10 I need a space between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenation Of Variables

Hi, when I echo the values of two variables that have been set for example: export FRUIT1=ORANGE export FRUIT2=APPLE echo $FRUIT1 ORANGE echo $FRUIT2 APPLE as expected but when I echo the following: echo ${FRUIT1}AND{$FRUIT2} I was expecting to get: ORANGEANDAPPLE but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaxim
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep concatenation??

So, I have huge results file and I need to extract two lines, so far I know that these two commands separately do what I need: grep "Query=" results.out grep "Sequence" -2 results.out Now, I have no idea how to concatenate these results together so that every query matches up with their... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation of two patterns

Read the lines from the file and concatenate the lines into single line then search the string "INPUT=" from the another file and if "INPUT" is present in that file assign the concatenate patterns into "INPUT=" pattern. example: file1.txt <some lines> INPUT = <some lines> file2.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsureshmca
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line concatenation help

please help me on this.... cat /xx.txt 2:1 2 2:2 24 8:0 0 9:0 0 Expected result would be 2:1 2 2:2 24 8:0 0 9:0 0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String concatenation

I have a script which is migrated from AIX to Linux & now while running it is no able to concatenate string values The string concatenation step under while loop is not displaying desired result Please find below the piece of code: while read EXT_FILE ; do EXT_FILE=$EXT_FILE.ext.sent echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File concatenation

awk '{$2=$2":"$8"-"$3;$3=$NF;$4=$NF="";print $0 | $10=$10":"$8"-"$18;$11=$NF;$12=$NF="";print $0 }' design.txt Trying to concatenate specific fields in a spreadsheet and the others remain unchanged. I attached an excel spreadsheet (all the data comes from a design.txt), but I put an example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenation script

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies
Time::CTime(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Time::CTime(3pm)

NAME
Time::CTime -- format times ala POSIX asctime SYNOPSIS
use Time::CTime print ctime(time); print asctime(localtime(time)); print strftime(template, localtime(time)); strftime conversions %% PERCENT %a day of the week abbr %A day of the week %b month abbr %B month %c ctime format: Sat Nov 19 21:05:57 1994 %d DD %D MM/DD/YY %e numeric day of the month %f floating point seconds (milliseconds): .314 %F floating point seconds (microseconds): .314159 %h month abbr %H hour, 24 hour clock, leading 0's) %I hour, 12 hour clock, leading 0's) %j day of the year %k hour %l hour, 12 hour clock %m month number, starting with 1, leading 0's %M minute, leading 0's %n NEWLINE %o ornate day of month -- "1st", "2nd", "25th", etc. %p AM or PM %r time format: 09:05:57 PM %R time format: 21:05 %S seconds, leading 0's %t TAB %T time format: 21:05:57 %U week number, Sunday as first day of week %v DD-Mon-Year %w day of the week, numerically, Sunday == 0 %W week number, Monday as first day of week %x date format: 11/19/94 %X time format: 21:05:57 %y year (2 digits) %Y year (4 digits) %Z timezone in ascii. eg: PST DESCRIPTION
This module provides routines to format dates. They correspond to the libc routines. &strftime() supports a pretty good set of coversions -- more than most C libraries. strftime supports a pretty good set of conversions. The POSIX module has very similar functionality. You should consider using it instead if you do not have allergic reactions to system libraries. GENESIS
Written by David Muir Sharnoff <muir@idiom.org>. The starting point for this package was a posting by Paul Foley <paul@ascent.com> LICENSE
Copyright (C) 1996-2010 David Muir Sharnoff. Copyright (C) 2011 Google, Inc. License hereby granted for anyone to use, modify or redistribute this module at their own risk. Please feed useful changes back to cpan@dave.sharnoff.org. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-12 Time::CTime(3pm)