Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installed Software
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installed Software Post 302113029 by tt1ect on Tuesday 3rd of April 2007 04:19:15 AM
Old 04-03-2007
Installed Software

Pls guys, what command do i use to dispaly the Disk size and Ram Size my system?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knowing installed software versions

Hello, Is there any command or something to know the versions of the softwares installed ? Similar to the registry in Windows, is there anything in Unix ...? We are shifting our server to other one ... so we need to install the same versions on other server also .. Please advice, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayathirtha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installed software

I am a complete novice/dumbo with Unix. How can I ascertain what software is installed on a unix system? Any help is much appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakeley
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Listing all Software and Tools installed

Hi, In Unix, how do we know, which software and tools are installed? Is there any command or info file available for the same? Regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasnain
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing installed software

hi,:) In redhat linux whats the command to list all the installed s/w. cheers RRK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing installed software.

I have some 30 AIX servers and I want their software packages to be consistent. AIX provides a command to list out all pertinent information on a software package in a colon separate list - I grab this through ssh and collect in a temp directory server_name.log. Now, I'm stuck. I can create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejk67
2 Replies

6. Programming

How To find if Specific Software is installed ?

Hi all, I have developed an application in linux that uses MySQL and unixODBC. Now I am making a small installer for this application that configures environment for this application. What I need is the way to check if MySQL and unixODBC is installed on the system before I start installing my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noble_curious
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiled software installed correctly?

Greetings all, first time poster. I have always had an interest in Unix and so decided to try and learn some on my own. I have learned a great deal by just lurking, so for those of you who patiently share your knowledge-thank you! I am in the process of compiling and installing some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Which Solaris 10 software group is installed?

Hey Forumers- I know how to tell which update of Solaris 10 is installed on my systems (/etc/release) but how can I determine which software group is installed? reduced network support software group (SUNWCrnet) core system support software group (SUNWCreq) end user system support... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Flarcreate and excluding directories with software installed

Got a solaris 10 server that I want to take a flar of in order to use to build a new server. Works fine. Only trouble is there is software on the original server that is not needed on the new server - it will be uninstalled. I was thinking of creating the flar from the original server and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Is it possible access software installed on one partition from another

Hello Team my scenario is like i have 2 partitions on server. /apps and /home and i am trying to install my software in /apps partition.intstallation is successful but when i am trying to open something in that its showing blank screen. now if i install that software in /home it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalgourav1983
2 Replies
disktab(5)							File Formats Manual							disktab(5)

Name
       disktab - disk description file

Syntax
       #include <disktab.h>

Description
       The file is a simple data base that describes disk geometries and disk partition characteristics.  The format is patterned after the termi-
       nal data base.  Entries in consist of a number of fields separated by colons (:).  The first entry for each disk gives the names  that  are
       known for the disk, separated by vertical bars (|).  The last name given should be a long name fully identifying the disk.

The following list indicates the normal values stored for each disk entry:
       Name Type Description
       ns   num  Number of sectors per track
       nt   num  Number of tracks per cylinder
       nc   num  Total number of cylinders on the disk
       ba   num  Block size for partition `a' (bytes)
       bd   num  Block size for partition `d' (bytes)
       be   num  Block size for partition `e' (bytes)
       bf   num  Block size for partition `f' (bytes)
       bg   num  Block size for partition `g' (bytes)
       bh   num  Block size for partition `h' (bytes)
       fa   num  Fragment size for partition `a' (bytes)
       fd   num  Fragment size for partition `d' (bytes)
       fe   num  Fragment size for partition `e' (bytes)
       ff   num  Fragment size for partition `f' (bytes)
       fg   num  Fragment size for partition `g' (bytes)
       fh   num  Fragment size for partition `h' (bytes)
       pa   num  Size of partition `a' in sectors
       pb   num  Size of partition `b' in sectors
       pc   num  Size of partition `c' in sectors
       pd   num  Size of partition `d' in sectors
       pe   num  Size of partition `e' in sectors
       pf   num  Size of partition `f' in sectors
       pg   num  Size of partition `g' in sectors
       ph   num  Size of partition `h' in sectors
       se   num  Sector size in bytes
       ty   str  Type of disk (e.g. removable, winchester)

The entries can be automatically generated with the program.

Files
See Also
       chpt(8), newfs(8)

disktab(5)