Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cron job every 2 min
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cron job every 2 min Post 302112948 by georgeplus on Monday 2nd of April 2007 07:03:53 AM
Old 04-02-2007
this is the output:

$ sudo crontab -u george cronjob
11:54:40 installing file /usr/local/george/cronjob for user george
/usr/local/george/cronjob:1: Error while reading minutes field: skipping line.
11:54:40 george's fcrontab contains no entries : removed.
Modifications will be taken into account right now.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON usage for CRON job

can anybody explain the usage of CRON for adding a cron job. please provide an example also for better understanding !!! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

2. Solaris

cron job starts new cron proccess

I run cron in solaris 10 zone. One cron job which syncing files to nfs mounted on container, creates after finishing another cron proccess(/usr/sbin/cron), and after 100 existing cron proccesses next cron job will not start. It's too weird for me, I'm not able to solve this problem. Theoretically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron76
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job

I am trying to set up a simple cron job but it won't work Is there a special directory that the target program has to run from ?? I noticed that all the other jobs in the file were in /usr/local/bin but even when I put my target script in there it didn't run. Anyone have any idea why ?? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON Job

Hi all, Pretty new to CRON but have been messing with Ubuntu for a while now Here is the situation/problem I have run into you. I currently run a very basic back procedure by executing a daily CRON job which copies all data from one directory to a USB drive & date stamps the copy:- cp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2scoops
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Cron Job

Could some one help to so that I can set up a cron job such that it will check the changes of a particular network folder??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolmaddy
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron every 5 min

Hi, I am trying to run a script in cron every 5 min in SOLARIS 10 When I do5 * * * * /path to fileor*/5 * * * * /path to file Doesn't work. Please let me know what should I put in the cron entry Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to run cron entry every 5 min during office hours only?

Hi I need to setuop a cron entry to run every 5 min, only in office hours (between 8:00AM to 18:00PM, I did the following: 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 * * * /home/xxx/zzz.ksh But somehow does not work. Could it be wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies
CQL::Parser(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  CQL::Parser(3pm)

NAME
CQL::Parser - compiles CQL strings into parse trees of Node subtypes. SYNOPSIS
use CQL::Parser; my $parser = CQL::Parser->new(); my $root = $parser->parse( $cql ); DESCRIPTION
CQL::Parser provides a mechanism to parse Common Query Language (CQL) statements. The best description of CQL comes from the CQL homepage at the Library of Congress <http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/cql/> CQL is a formal language for representing queries to information retrieval systems such as web indexes, bibliographic catalogs and museum collection information. The CQL design objective is that queries be human readable and human writable, and that the language be intuitive while maintaining the expressiveness of more complex languages. A CQL statement can be as simple as a single keyword, or as complicated as a set of compoenents indicating search indexes, relations, relational modifiers, proximity clauses and boolean logic. CQL::Parser will parse CQL statements and return the root node for a tree of nodes which describes the CQL statement. This data structure can then be used by a client application to analyze the statement, and possibly turn it into a query for a local repository. Each CQL component in the tree inherits from CQL::Node and can be one of the following: CQL::AndNode, CQL::NotNode, CQL::OrNode, CQL::ProxNode, CQL::TermNode, CQL::PrefixNode. See the documentation for those modules for their respective APIs. Here are some examples of CQL statements: o george o dc.creator=george o dc.creator="George Clinton" o clinton and funk o clinton and parliament and funk o (clinton or bootsy) and funk o dc.creator="clinton" and dc.date="1976" METHODS
new() parse() Pass in a CQL query and you'll get back the root node for the CQL parse tree. If the CQL is invalid an exception will be thrown. XCQL
CQL has an XML representation which you can generate from a CQL parse tree. Just call the toXCQL() method on the root node you get back from a call to parse(). ERRORS AND DIAGNOSTICS
As mentioned above, a CQL syntax error will result in an exception being thrown. So if you have any doubts about the CQL that you are parsing you should wrap the call to parse() in an eval block, and check $@ afterwards to make sure everything went ok. eval { my $node = $parser->parse( $cql ); }; if ( $@ ) { print "uhoh, exception $@ "; } If you'd like to see blow by blow details while your CQL is being parsed set $CQL::DEBUG equal to 1, and you will get details on STDERR. This is useful if the parse tree is incorrect and you want to locate where things are going wrong. Hopefully this won't happen, but if it does please notify the author. TODO
o toYourEngineHere() please feel free to add functionality and send in patches! THANKYOUS
CQL::Parser is essentially a Perl port of Mike Taylor's cql-java package http://zing.z3950.org/cql/java/. Mike and IndexData were kind enough to allow the author to write this port, and to make it available under the terms of the Artistic License. Thanks Mike! The CQL::Lexer package relies heavily on Stevan Little's excellent String::Tokenizer. Thanks Stevan! CQL::Parser was developed as a component of the Ockham project, which is funded by the National Science Foundation. See http://www.ockham.org for more information about Ockham. AUTHOR
o Ed Summers - ehs at pobox dot com o Brian Cassidy - bricas at cpan dot org o Wilbert Hengst - W.Hengst at uva dot nl COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004-2009 by Ed Summers This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2009-12-02 CQL::Parser(3pm)