Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5 Post 302112937 by suntac on Monday 2nd of April 2007 05:26:10 AM
Old 04-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by huyuhui
I installed RedHat Server 5 today. I had one problem that was the web
page contained Chinese characters could not be shown correctly. What I saw was white squares. How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5?

Thanks in advance.

I think you will have to take a look at miniChinput and ChinPut to enable Chinese characters: http://people.redhat.com/yshao/

Also a good source could be: http://www.thev.net/cgi-bin/awki.cgi...amp=1150505532

Regards,
johan Louwers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to setup an FTP server?

i want setup an ftp server on my homelab now i downloaded resource management book from sun there it shows you how to make the entry in the inet.d.conf file also how to control ftp access but how do u actually set it up? say like i want certain file to be obtain through ftp how do i do that? oh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

3. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS server setup on redhat 4 AS4

Please do reply if anyone has done NIS server setup on redhat Please let me know steps to do NIS server configuration on redhat & NIS client configuration on suse (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timus1980
2 Replies

5. Gentoo

Server Setup

We have C++ server (web applications) and Java Servers. I am not a Java developer but Java people say that Java Servers requires tomcat as it renders web pages. The Java server updates DB that C++ servers inquires upon and makes processing accordingly. This setup is ok for a user as the user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Running setup on a new server

I have a newly built Solaris 10 server that I want to install Sun One web server. After building the server I use FTP to copy over the web server installation files into a directory I created (/usr/local/software/JES/6.1sp8). I run ./setup and get this. bash: ./setup: Permission denied I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
7 Replies

7. Solaris

DNS Server setup

I am trying to setup DNS server in Solaris 10. I have two blade 1500 system and want to setup two name server I would like to start setting up DNS. appreciate your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnathan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable all operations to use a proxy server , redhat server

Hi, i would like to enable all operations/connections to use a proxy server in a redhat server , witch file should i config to get this for all conections .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

What is command to setup sofware in redhat over internet

Hi all, I setup redhat in VMware and I connected to internet, so I want setup sofware for redhat over internet what is command I used ? Are you understand my question, my ability of english is not good, such as I want setup dhcp packet I must used a command ? (yum... or...apt-get...or rpm... ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilinux9
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

[ASK] How to setup portfw to server behind another server

Hi Experts, I was trying to find some documentations about this but seems I'm not good enough to find that one, so I'm seeking a help from the expert here. I have 3 Solaris Server and the diagram as follow: My PC => ---------------------- I was able to setup port forwarding to Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdziE
0 Replies
GB18030(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							GB18030(5)

NAME
gb18030 -- GB 18030 encoding method for Chinese text SYNOPSIS
ENCODING "GB18030" DESCRIPTION
The GB18030 encoding implements GB 18030-2000, a PRC national standard for the encoding of Chinese characters. It is a superset of the older GB 2312-1980 and GBK encodings, and incorporates Unicode's Unihan Extension A completely. It also provides code space for all Unicode 3.0 code points. Multibyte characters in the GB18030 encoding can be one byte, two bytes, or four bytes long. There are a total of over 1.5 million code positions. GB 11383-1981 (ASCII) characters are represented by single bytes in the range 0x00 to 0x7F. Chinese characters are represented as either two bytes or four bytes. Characters that are represented by two bytes begin with a byte in the range 0x81-0xFE and end with a byte either in the range 0x40-0x7E or 0x80-0xFE. Characters that are represented by four bytes begin with a byte in the range 0x81-0xFE, have a second byte in the range 0x30-0x39, a third byte in the range 0x81-0xFE and a fourth byte in the range 0x30-0x39. SEE ALSO
euc(5), gb2312(5), gbk(5), utf8(5) Chinese National Standard GB 18030-2000: Information Technology -- Chinese ideograms coded character set for information interchange -- Extension for the basic set, March 2000. The Unicode Standard, Version 3.0, The Unicode Consortium, 2000. STANDARDS
The GB18030 encoding is believed to be compatible with GB 18030-2000. BSD
August 10, 2003 BSD