Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Planning to be certified , your advice? Post 302112933 by suntac on Monday 2nd of April 2007 03:46:50 AM
Old 04-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by adel8483
Hi,

I got 2 courses Intermediate and advanced Solaris 10 Administration before 1 month.

I was studying the material of the 1st course I will finish it soon. I want to get the Exam. What is your advice?

Which is the best Exam Quastion ( Testking or ,,,,,,,, Etc) ....

Regards
This might help.... I do not know if this is the best solution but it could help you... http://www.sunguru.com/tests/tests.shtml

Regards,
Johan Louwers.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Planning for DR, I have to collect information

Dear All, We are going for Disaster Recovery project, the vendor asked for more details about how much is the daily data changes only. using sar / iostat can any one help me to collect this ?! Note: only I need the changed data size not the daily increasing data. this is to know how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adel8483
1 Replies

2. AIX

capacity planning on aix

Hi All, What do you usually use for capacity planning on AIX? Any idea will do? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

tools for capacity planning

Hi All, What do you usually use for capacity planning tool on solaris 8 or later? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

4. Solaris

To Be UNIX Certified

Hi all, I want to be unix certified.How to get it Regardsd megh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
2 Replies

5. AIX

Use of System Planning Tool (SPT)

How to use system Planning tool. I have installed it and trying to just design something but i dont know any thing ...is there any documentation or questions to practice the SPT ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Contingency planning for System Failure

I have inhereted a Solaris 8 server which is running an important application in our production environment. The dilema is that the server has just one internal hard drive I believe it was installed using jump start, it does not even have a CD ROM drive and root is not mirrored (since there is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHCSA - Become certified

Hi everyone, Getting a RHCSA certification is a good job to do? does it help to get a job as sys admin? companies count on it? please give me some ideas...I want to put some time on this and become certified. so i just want to know if this is a good job to do or I will waste my time. thanks. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
6 Replies
posix_fadvise(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					 posix_fadvise(3C)

NAME
posix_fadvise - file advisory information SYNOPSIS
#include <fcntl.h> int posix_fadvise(int fd, off_t offset, off_t len, int advice); DESCRIPTION
The posix_fadvise() function advises the system on the expected behavior of the application with respect to the data in the file associated with the open file descriptor, fd, starting at offset and continuing for len bytes. The specified range need not currently exist in the file. If len is zero, all data following offset is specified. The system may use this information to optimize handling of the specified data. The posix_fadvise() function has no effect on the semantics of other operations on the specified data, although it may affect the performance of other operations. The advice to be applied to the data is specified by the advice parameter and may be one of the following values: POSIX_FADV_NORMAL Specifies that the application has no advice to give on its behavior with respect to the specified data. It is the default characteristic if no advice is given for an open file. POSIX_FADV_SEQUENTIAL Specifies that the application expects to access the specified data sequentially from lower offsets to higher off- sets. POSIX_FADV_RANDOM Specifies that the application expects to access the specified data in a random order. POSIX_FADV_WILLNEED Specifies that the application expects to access the specified data in the near future. POSIX_FADV_DONTNEED Specifies that the application expects that it will not access the specified data in the near future. POSIX_FADV_NOREUSE Specifies that the application expects to access the specified data once and then not reuse it thereafter. These values are defined in <fcntl.h> RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, posix_fadvise() returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The posix_fadvise() function will fail if: EBADF The fd argument is not a valid file descriptor. EINVAL The value of advice is invalid, or the value of len is less than zero. ESPIPE The fd argument is associated with a pipe or FIFO. USAGE
The posix_fadvise() function has a transitional interface for 64-bit file offsets. See lf64(5). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
posix_madvise(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 14 Jul 2008 posix_fadvise(3C)