Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new hd of 120 gb
Operating Systems Linux Debian new hd of 120 gb Post 302112835 by sliceanddice214 on Friday 30th of March 2007 09:28:37 PM
Old 03-30-2007
So you have already installed windows? Now all you have to do is boot your FC5 cd, and follow the instructions for installing the system. Choose which boot loader to install (GRUB or LILO). If you want to resize the partitions as (30 fat32, 40 ntfs , 20 ext2 , 30 as free), you can do so in Windows, since you have that installed already. Use a third party partition manager like PartitionMagic. WARNING: Resizing a partition containing data may result in data loss or corruption. Back-up your data first before resizing Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prc_sync: Script (s90atlas) failed to complete in 120 seconds

I got this message during the reboot process of a Sco Open Server 5 machine: prc_sync: Script (s90atlas) failed to complete in 120 seconds After that, the server rebooted normally, BUT, ftp into that server takes a lot of time to get connected. Another thing is that pinging another outside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a huge line into multiple 120 characters lines with sed?

Hello , I'm trying to split a file which contains a single very long line. My aim is to split this single line each 120 characters. I tried with the sed command : `cat ${MYPATH}/${FILE}|sed -e :a -e 's/^.\{1,120\}$/&\n/;ta' >{MYPATH}/${DEST}` but when I wc -l the destination file it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_1664
2 Replies

3. AIX

43p 120

I have acquired a 43p 120 (7248-120) and I have two questions: Can anyone remember what is the highest version of AIX which I can install (5.1 I believe) and Can anyone remember how to boot this from the CDROM (boot floppy?) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexicographically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)