Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new hd of 120 gb
Operating Systems Linux Debian new hd of 120 gb Post 302112798 by sadiquep on Friday 30th of March 2007 11:00:20 AM
Old 03-30-2007
i have xp but i need from linux

i have windows xp ( i know partition 32,ntfs)

but i need from linux

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prc_sync: Script (s90atlas) failed to complete in 120 seconds

I got this message during the reboot process of a Sco Open Server 5 machine: prc_sync: Script (s90atlas) failed to complete in 120 seconds After that, the server rebooted normally, BUT, ftp into that server takes a lot of time to get connected. Another thing is that pinging another outside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a huge line into multiple 120 characters lines with sed?

Hello , I'm trying to split a file which contains a single very long line. My aim is to split this single line each 120 characters. I tried with the sed command : `cat ${MYPATH}/${FILE}|sed -e :a -e 's/^.\{1,120\}$/&\n/;ta' >{MYPATH}/${DEST}` but when I wc -l the destination file it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_1664
2 Replies

3. AIX

43p 120

I have acquired a 43p 120 (7248-120) and I have two questions: Can anyone remember what is the highest version of AIX which I can install (5.1 I believe) and Can anyone remember how to boot this from the CDROM (boot floppy?) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)