Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Possible to use a Java app with dll files on Unix-systems Post 302112667 by cbkihong on Thursday 29th of March 2007 09:52:33 AM
Old 03-29-2007
Good. The package already uses JNI. If you open some of the CPP and Java files, you already see uses of JNI. For further information about JNI, see

http://java.sun.com/developer/online...CBook/jni.html

Probably the major problem is that C/C++ programs are usually platform dependent, so a C/C++ program may not compile on a different OS or compiler. From the sources, it appears that it was originally intended for Visual Studio + Windows, so expect some porting work before you can actually use something JNI on Unix.

EDIT: I just saw a hwinterface.sys inside. Probably it is a binary produced by an assembler which contains the real meat of the I/O, but no source is available. For this particular package, I don't think you can use it on Unix successfully.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I am porting Dll from NT to Unix, how should I proceed

I am porting Dll from Windows NT to Unix, Could any body pls guide me how should I proceed?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin
3 Replies

2. Programming

Need to port C dll to UNIX

I have source code of a Windows C DLL. It complies properly and works. Now I need to port it to UNIX environment. I need to know if I can create a Dynamic Library or only Static Library is possible in UNIX. In case I can create a Dynamic Library please guide me how to proceed. Or if there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ana_puri
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a .dll from a Unix script

Is it possible for a Unix script to execute a .dll. If so, where would I find information/examples of how to do that? Thanks, in advance, for any help. :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Can we run a dll in unix?

I have created DLLs in c++. Is it possible to run these DLLs in unix so that I can save time converting function/scripts in unix? In this way I can reuse these DLL in Unix. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alestoquia
2 Replies

5. Programming

Using Windows DLL in UNIX

Hello, I am sorry to bother you all but I am thinking about switching to UNIX and I am a complete novice there. The problem is that I need to call a C++ dll on UNIX platform which was compiled on Windows. I don't have the source code of the dll as well. I just need to call this dll in my C++... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clickoo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

GD.dll files for php 5.1.6

Hi, I want to create an image dynamically. I used this function. $img_handle = ImageCreate ($length, 10) or die ("Cannot Create image"); It was not creating the image. When i checked in error_log file the error was: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ImageCreate(). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
0 Replies

7. Programming

JAVA - External JAR files in UNIX

Hi, I have to run my JAVA programs in UNIX server. The java program uses some external jar files for compiling. I have set the classpath to the folder where all the jar files are present using EXPORT classpath command. But when i compile, it shows errors.. saying that the classes relating... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Working with remote Unix files systems from Windows

I am currently using Samba to access remote Unix file systems from Windows. However, it is slow, and I presume insecure in the sense that file contents are transmitted unencrypted. I also wonder if passwords are transmitted in plain text in this protocol or not. For these reasons I am looking for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bilge
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking heap memory size for java app

Hi I have one Java application installed in my Solaris system. Is there a way to find out the heap memory allocated size/used size/free size for the particular Java process? If anyone knows the command, please let me know. Even I appreciate if I have any scripts to find out the same. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun java app server

quick question: where can I download sun java application server that will run in java6? or both? I need to install sun java app server and java6. thanks ---------- Post updated at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:12 AM ---------- OS: solaris10 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies
serialver(1)						      General Commands Manual						      serialver(1)

NAME
serialver - serial version command SYNOPSIS
serialver [ options ] [ classnames ] options Command-line options, as specified in this document. classnames One or more class names. DESCRIPTION
serialver returns the serialVersionUID for one or more classes in a form suitable for copying into an evolving class. When invoked with no arguments, it prints a usage line. OPTIONS
-classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by:> Set search path for application classes and resources. -show Displays a simple user interface. Enter the full class name and press either the Enter key or the Show button to display the serialVersionUID. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the man page for the java applica- tion launcher, java(1). For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. It is a common convention for -J to pass options to the underlying virtual machine. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.io.ObjectStreamClass @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/io/ObjectStreamClass.html 24 June 2004 serialver(1)