Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix Shell Scripting Standards Post 302112659 by janmolby on Thursday 29th of March 2007 09:21:56 AM
Old 03-29-2007
Thanks a million 66IISW & cfajohnson for your replies, I will try & use the information you've sent on.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Coding Standards

Hi, I am looking for some coding standards for Unix Shell Scripting. Can anyone help me out in this? Regards, Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu_s
3 Replies

2. UNIX IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (POSIX.1)

Link to the Open Group (UNIX Standards)

Click HERE to learn about The Single UNIX Specification, Version 3 Or: Here is another link to the UNIX IEEE Standard, an Open Group Technical Standard, Issue 7 Keywords UNIX® is a registered trademark of The Open Group (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Programming

UNIX version standards

I'm new to UNIX programming. I'm used to starting my program's versions at 1.0, but I look at all the UNIX programs out there and see things like 0.000.1 or 3.3.000 and I'm wondering what these things really mean. Do people just type anything they feel in there? Are things in pre-release... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirni
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell scripting

Hi, we are writing this fields dynamically retrieved from database and writing into the file. $bmpRec = $bmpRec.'|'.$cust_id; # sp4 $bmpRec = $bmpRec.'|'.$serv_id; # sp5 $bmpRec = $bmpRec.'|'.$site_id; # sp6 $bmpRec = $bmpRec.'|'.$loc_id; # sp7 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maruthi Kunnuru
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Scripting

Hi All, Greetings!! I am trying to write a script that will get me the syslog.log file output of last week... That is ...my cron will run on Monday and will get me the syslog output of previous week , last monday-last sunday. I tried using date formatting and tail..but did not succeed.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: premamadhuri
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need your Help on Unix Shell Scripting.........

Hi Friends, 1. Bash Shell Scrpt to take backup at evening 2. I need a bash shell script for killing all processes. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Secure coding standards for Shell Programming

Hi, Can anyone point me to Secure coding standards for shell programming guides, links etc etc... Thanks and regards, Vamsi K Surampalli. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsisurampalli
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies
db_stat(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						db_stat(1)

NAME
db_stat SYNOPSIS
db_stat -d file [-fN] [-h home] [-P password] [-s database] db_stat [-celmNrtVZ] [-C Aclmop] [-h home] [-M Ahm] [-P password] DESCRIPTION
The db_stat utility utility displays statistics for Berkeley DB environments. The options are as follows: -C Display internal information about the lock region. (The output from this option is often both voluminous and meaningless, and is intended only for debugging.) A Display all information. c Display lock conflict matrix. l Display lockers within hash chains. m Display region memory information. o Display objects within hash chains. p Display lock region parameters. -c Display lock region statistics, as described in DB_ENV->lock_stat. -d Display database statistics for the specified file, as described in DB->stat. If the database contains multiple databases and the -s flag is not specified, the statistics are for the internal database that describes the other databases the file contains, and not for the file as a whole. -e Display current environment statistics. -f Display only those database statistics that can be acquired without traversing the database. -h Specify a home directory for the database environment; by default, the current working directory is used. -l Display log region statistics, as described in DB_ENV->log_stat. -M Display internal information about the shared memory buffer pool. (The output from this option is often both voluminous and meaningless, and is intended only for debugging.) A Display all information. h Display buffers within hash chains. m Display region memory information. -m Display shared memory buffer pool statistics, as described in DB_ENV->memp_stat. -N Do not acquire shared region mutexes while running. Other problems, such as potentially fatal errors in Berkeley DB, will be ignored as well. This option is intended only for debugging errors, and should not be used under any other circumstances. -P Specify an environment password. Although Berkeley DB utilities overwrite password strings as soon as possible, be aware there may be a window of vulnerability on systems where unprivileged users can see command-line arguments or where utilities are not able to overwrite the memory containing the command-line arguments. -r Display replication statistics, as described in DB_ENV->rep_stat. -s Display statistics for the specified database contained in the file specified with the -d flag. -t Display transaction region statistics, as described in DB_ENV->txn_stat. -V Write the library version number to the standard output, and exit. -Z Reset the statistics after reporting them; valid only with the -c, -e, -l, -m, and -t options. Values normally displayed in quantities of bytes are displayed as a combination of gigabytes (GB), megabytes (MB), kilobytes (KB), and bytes (B). Otherwise, values smaller than 10 million are displayed without any special notation, and values larger than 10 million are displayed as a number followed by "M". The db_stat utility may be used with a Berkeley DB environment (as described for the -h option, the environment variable DB_HOME, or because the utility was run in a directory containing a Berkeley DB environment). In order to avoid environment corruption when using a Berkeley DB environment, db_stat should always be given the chance to detach from the environment and exit gracefully. To cause db_stat to release all environment resources and exit cleanly, send it an interrupt signal (SIGINT). The db_stat utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. ENVIRONMENT
DB_HOME If the -h option is not specified and the environment variable DB_HOME is set, it is used as the path of the database home, as described in DB_ENV->open. SEE ALSO
db_archive(1), db_checkpoint(1), db_deadlock(1), db_dump(1), db_load(1), db_printlog(1), db_recover(1), db_upgrade(1), db_verify(1) Darwin December 3, 2003 Darwin