Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: upgrading java
Operating Systems Solaris upgrading java Post 302112656 by reborg on Thursday 29th of March 2007 09:17:56 AM
Old 03-29-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcclnoodles
Thanks reborg, a few questions then

1) where would i get the files i need and in what form would they take
java.sun.com

I havn't looked recently but IIRC, there is a self extracting binary and a binary tarball.

Quote:
...current links and binaries completely as they were ???
leave the links alone, let those who need to use the new version use the full path, or depending on their applications set the reference variable ( often JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME or JDK_HOME)

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Upgrading Java 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 in UNIX

Hi, I have got java 1.4.1 in my unix server, i wish to upgrade it to 1.4.2 version. I know how to do that in Windows, but it is the first time i am doing it in UNIX. Please tell me how to do it from command line? Are there any environment variable to be set in unix as in windows? Thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macmohanin
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Upgrading java on solaris 10 x86 32 bit

I have java installed on my solaris 10 as /usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0 , but i need to install Weblogic for that i need -- JDK Sun Java 2 JDK 6.0 Update 05 with the Java HotSpot™ Client and Server VMs (32-bit) and all later service packs of 6.0 How can i upgrade my java for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
3 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Creates a link from a jar already installed in /usr/share/maven-repo. SYNOPSIS
mh_linkrepojar [option]... [pom] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Create symlinks from the jar in the Maven repository to any location, usually to a file located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [link] is a link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: package to act on -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: gives the location of the rules file for special properties. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar in the Maven repository. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)