Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers search and replace different fields Post 302112580 by asmita on Thursday 29th of March 2007 03:16:42 AM
Old 03-29-2007
still m not very much clear abt the problem..
can u explain it with another example. m not getting this example.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for two fields

Hi all, I have a file with format as below: cat 0 animal 90 number90 cat_number_name cat 1 animal 91 number91 cat_animal_name cat 2 animal 92 number92 cat_name_animal kiwi 0 bird 90 number90 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search fields within a file

I need to be able to search multiple fields within a file that contain blank (nothing). Not sure what command to use? thought it would be grep but not sure how to write it The reason is i have a script that when it does this and identifies a field which has a blank it errors out of the script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with search and replace in multiple fields

I have a pipe delimited file with 27 fields. Each record has 26 fields. I need to search for the 25,26,27 fields and replace "," with nothing. How can I acheive this. Sed is more preferred. e.g data row o/p (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Search fields

I routinely use the search field in the top right hand corner. When the results to a search are displayed, two new search input fields are shown at the top of the search results: google('this_site') google('the_world') Is there a reason for having 3 search input fields on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & replace fields from file1 to file2

hi, I have two xml files with the name source.xml and tobe_replaced.xml. Sample data: source.xml contains: <?xml version="1.0"?> <product description="prod1" product_info="some/info"> <product description="prod2" product_info="xyz/allinfo"> <product description="abc/partialinfo"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and combine fields

Hi all, 1. I have a log file 2011/11/14 00:42:50 | 38:guess pid=008499 opened Testing 0, 1, 2, 3 2011/11/14 11:43:42 | 38:guess pid=008499 closed 2011/11/14 11:47:08 | 39:guess pid=017567 opened Testing 0, 1, 2, 3 2011/11/14 11:47:08 | 40:guess pid=012780 opened Testing 0, 1,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl search multiple fields

Hi all, I have a flatfile 300 lines tiger,tampa10-pc,yellow,none,2013-02-25 08:56:51.000,2013-02-25 21:41:11.380,12hrs : 44min cat,tampa10-pc,white,none,2013-02-28 08:56:58.000,2013-03-04 23:18:23.003,110hrs : 21min dog,tampa10-pc,yellow,none,2013-03-05 09:50:17.000,2013-03-07... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested search in a file and replace the inner search

Hi Team, I am new to unix, please help me in this. I have a file named properties. The content of the file is : ##Mobile props east.url=https://qa.east.corp.com/prop/end west.url=https://qa.west.corp.com/prop/end south.url=https://qa.south.corp.com/prop/end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tolearn
2 Replies
clear(3XCURSES) 					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					   clear(3XCURSES)

NAME
clear, erase, wclear, werase - clear a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int clear(void); int erase(void); int wclear(WINDOW *win); int werase(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
The clear() and erase() functions clear stdscr, destroying its previous contents. The wclear() and werase() functions perform the same action, but clear the window specified by win instead of stdscr. The clear() and wclear() functions also call the clearok() function. This function clears and redraws the entire screen on the next call to refresh(3XCURSES) or wrefresh(3XCURSES) for the window. The current background character (and attributes) is used to clear the screen. PARAMETERS
win Is a pointer to the window that is to be cleared. ERRORS
OK Successful completion. ERR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bkgdset(3XCURSES), clearok(3XCURSES), clrtobot(3XCURSES), clrtoeol(3XCURSES), doupdate(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), refresh(3XCURSES), wrefresh(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 clear(3XCURSES)