Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP to SFTP conversion
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP to SFTP conversion Post 302112488 by awk on Wednesday 28th of March 2007 10:17:21 AM
Old 03-28-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihabvk
Hi,
I have the following ftp code to check the status of communication channel :

/bin/ftp -i -v -n -B 64 $HOST <<END 2>&1 > $LOGFILE
user $user $password
bye
END

I need to re write exactly the same way with SFTP using authentication keys, I know how to do SFTP with authentication keys.

But my problem is, when the authentication fails, it asks for the password, which I dont want, else I need to write the error in the $LOGFILE.

Could you please explain me how to do it, without using script file for SFTP

Regards
Shihab
See http://ask-leo.com/how_can_i_automat...o_servers.html for a rather involved discussion.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

FTP v's SFTP

Hi, I'm being told that I have to start using SFTP from my server (HPUX 11i), so heres a few questions; What are the differences between FTP and SFTP? What differences in congiuration can I expect? Are there any changes in command usage? I did see an earlier thread with command issues. A few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to SFTP conversion

Hi, I have the following ftp code to check the status of communication channel : /bin/ftp -i -v -n -B 64 $HOST <<END 2>&1 > $LOGFILE user $user $password bye END I need to re write to use SFTP, I know how to do SFTP with authentication keys. But my problem is, when the authentication... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP commands in SFTP

Hi, I am in the process of migrating all my FTP data flows into SFTP to make data more secure... I have used many quote site commands in our FTP sesssion. In SFTP i found that there is no option to do such commands. Does any body here know to overcome the current situation. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astra
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

amend ftp to sftp

Hi all, below is my current scriptftp -n << FTPCTRL open $my_ip user $my_user $my_pass ascii prompt off lcd $myDIR cd $ftp_cd $OPS $myfile FTPCTRLI'd like to amend it to sftp mode. Please advise the correct step.I consulted the man pages of sftp and I suppose I should be using the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP / SFTP confusion

Good morning all, I require some help regarding an FTP server i am building. Basically i have around 20 users all sending a receiving files to and from my FTP server but would like all traffic to be secure. I want to ensure users connect via SFTP only and are denied via FTP. Im using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script from ftp to sftp

salmo allikm warhmat allah wabrakato i have my own server and upload file with ftp with this script ftp -n xxxxxxxxxcom<<EOF user xxxx xxxx binary put image bye EOF i want to convert to sftp or secure protocol when change to sftp no respond it stop i don't know how to start ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pua06
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Why is sftp working but ftp not

I am not very familiar with the use of FTP, and trying to run it I found out that standard "ftp" is not working" but "sftp" is. If sftp is allowed will that block ftp ? and if so where is this set ? I thought there is no relationship, is that right ? If so look here: inetadm | grep ftp enabled... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace FTP with SFTP

Hi All, I am in the process of replacing SFTP instead of FTP to make data more secure. In one of my FTP script I have Quote Site command. I would like to know, what is the option to replace this in SFTP ftp -n -v <<! | tee -a $LOG | grep "Transfer complete" >/dev/null open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: desai.vishnu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migration from FTP to SFTP

Hi Everyone, We are migrating from FTP to SFTP. We used the following script for FTP: echo "ftp -np -i -v << EOF" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "open ${SRC_FTP_SERVER} " >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "user ${SRC_FTP_USER} ${SRC_FTP_PWD}" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "binary" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigsaw16
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP and SFTP functionality

Hi Friends, I need to make a Unix script, where i need ftp and sftp functionality. Let me describe in details: I need to import few files from remote server, now these remote server either support ftp or sftp not both. So i need a script where my script will try to do ftp first and if it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
8 Replies
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants(3pm)

NAME
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants - Constant definitions for Net::SFTP::Foreign SYNOPSIS
use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants qw(:tag SSH2_FILEXFER_VERSION); print "Protocol version is ", SSH2_FILEXFER_VERSION; DESCRIPTION
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants provides a list of exportable SFTP constants: for SFTP messages and commands, for file-open flags, for status messages, etc. Constants can be exported individually, or in sets identified by tag names. Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants provides values for all of the constants listed in the SFTP protocol version 3 draft; the only thing to note is that the constants are listed with the prefix "SSH2_" instead of "SSH_". So, for example, to import the constant for the file-open command, you would write: use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants qw( SSH2_FXP_OPEN ); TAGS
As mentioned above, constants can either be imported individually or in sets grouped by tag names. The tag names are: :fxp Imports all of the "SSH2_FXP_*" constants: these are the constants used in the messaging protocol. :flags Imports all of the "SSH2_FXF_*" constants: these are constants used as flags sent to the server when opening files. :att Imports all of the "SSH2_FILEXFER_ATTR_*" constants: these are the constants used to construct the flag in the serialized attributes. The flag describes what types of file attributes are listed in the buffer. :status Imports all of the "SSH2_FX_*" constants: these are constants returned from a server "SSH2_FXP_STATUS" message and indicate the status of a particular operation. :error Imports all the "SFTP_ERR_*" constants used to represent high level errors: "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_ALREADY_EXISTS", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_CHMOD_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_OPEN_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_READ_ERROR", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_STAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_UTIME_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_WRITE_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_BAD_PACKET_SEQUENCE", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_BAD_PERMISSIONS", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_BAD_TIME", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_BLOCK_TOO_SMALL", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_CLOSE_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_FSETSTAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_FSTAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_LSTAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_MKDIR_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_OPENDIR_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_OPEN_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_READDIR_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_READ_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_REALPATH_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_REMOVE_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_RENAME_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_RMDIR_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_READLINK_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_SYMLINK_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_SETSTAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_STAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_WRITE_FAILED" and "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_HARDLINK_FAILED". Note: these constants are not defined on the SFTP draft. :ext Import all the "SSH2_FXE_*" constants: there are the constants defined for usage with SFTP extensions. Currently, these are supported: "SSH2_FXE_STATVFS_ST_RDONLY", "SSH_FXE_STATVFS_ST_NOSUID". There is one constant that does not fit into any of the tag sets: "SSH2_FILEXFER_VERSION", which holds the value of the SFTP protocol implemented by Net::SFTP::Foreign. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHTS Please see the Net::SFTP::Foreign manpage for author, copyright, and license information. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-11 Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants(3pm)