Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat sound not in fc5 but in fc 2 working Post 302112406 by sysgate on Wednesday 28th of March 2007 03:13:05 AM
Old 03-28-2007
For proxy you can use squid, as for the sound - are you sure that you have all the drivers installed ?
Also, determine your sound card model, and try to play with "alsa" modules.
I found this in fedora dosc :

Quote:
The ultimate fix is to do the following as root:

init 1
rm /etc/sysconfig/hwconf
rm /etc/modules.conf
kudzu (answer Configure to all questions)
init 5
kudzu (answer Configure again)
reboot

Afterwards do a redhat-config-sound, it should work now...
Removing the hwconf file will delete all hardware information, but it shouldn`t matter since kudzu will find it all again...
Not tested though....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does this sound right?

A user's default permissions when creating new files or directories is set by the umask of either the system or in the startup script of the user itself. For example, I have 'umask 022' in my .profile which means that my default permissions will be 755. Typically, the system default umask is 022,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

2. Linux

Sound Not Working with kernel 2.6.9.11

I've got an FC3 rc1 box here. If I use the stock kernel that it came with, sound works fine using the intel i8x0 chipset (ALSA drivers). But when I boot into my own custom compiled kernel, all audio apps work as they should (XMMS' graphic "scope" displays audio playback, esd gets launched when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FC5 install help

Hello these problems occurred with the installation of FC5,can anyone help? "The following errors occurred with your partitioning you have not defined a root partition. Which is requred for install of FC5 to continue. This can happen if you do not have enough space on your HD. "i have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thunderfastfox
3 Replies

4. Linux

how i can share from fc5 folder

hai friends i am using fc5 i configured samba and i can access windows files and folders in my network of linux. but in windows(xp.2000) i can not access my fc5 folder. pls x-xplain me anybody what i need to do in gui of fc5 for to enable to share my files and folders to windows(my samba... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadiquep
0 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How To Create Partition In Fc5

Hi sir, I want ask you something, i have Fedora Core 5 installed and i wanted to install windows NT at same machine (laptop), currently i have only this partition $ df -k Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mani_um
1 Replies

6. Solaris

installed new opensolaris but sound not working

today i installed new opensola, but sound drivers are not working properly. getting this error, i m totally new to solaris. - nilesh Getting this error...... - nilesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sound not working on Solaris 10 running on Sun Virtual Box

Hello Friends, I have installed Solaris 10 on on Sun Virtual Box. I am able to browse internet on solaris 10 thru firefox, however I am not getting sound, there is cross on the tray icon of sound. Please help with this !! Regards, Sahil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahilsardana
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Sound under OS 10.4.11 and 10.7.2

There is a change with UnIX version concerning these two platforms. I own a Power G4 Mac with OS 10.4.11 and a Mac Book Pro with Lion OS 10.7.2. There are some problems of compatibilities between the two UNIX versions. Under OS 10.4.11, these three UNIX commands work, in order to produce sounds,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
4 Replies

9. Linux

No sound

I reformatted my hard drive and installed Mandriva 2011. It works fine. I can go to the Internet The problem is no sound. I want to listen to songs from YouTube. Sound doesn't come. I see a man is singing on the screen. No sound. I had no problem with my old Mandriva. Sound and everything... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toxic
11 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sound not working in laptop model Lenovo T430

Hi I have a new TP installed with RHEL 6.0, sound not working in this. I tried to upgrade the kernel to 2.6.32-279.el6.i686 and also 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.i686 but getting kernel panic with these kernels. Any idea what is problem ???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
2 Replies
squid_session(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  squid_session(8)

NAME
squid_session - Squid session tracking external acl group helper SYNOPSIS
squid_session [-t idle_timeout] [-b dbpath] [-a] DESCRIPTION
This helper maintains a concept of sessions by monitoring requests and timing out sessions if no requests have been seen for the idle time- out timer. Intended use is for displaying "terms of use" pages, ad popups etc. -t idletimeout (default 3600) Specifies the session idle timeout timer. -b dbpath Path to persistent database. If not specified the session details will be kept in memory only and all sessions will reset each time Squid restarts it's helpers (Squid restart or rotation of logs). -a Active mode. In this mode sessions are started by evaluating an acl with the argument LOGIN, or terminated by the argument LOGOUT. Without this flag the helper automatically starts the session after the first request. EXAMPLE
Configuration example using the default automatic mode external_acl_type session ttl=300 negative_ttl=0 children=1 concurrency=200 %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_session acl session external session http_access deny !session deny_info http://your.server/bannerpage?url=%s session Then set up http://your.server/bannerpage to display a session startup page and then redirect the user back to the requested URL given in the url query parameter. AUTHOR
This helper and documentation was written by Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> QUESTIONS
Any questions on usage can be sent to Squid Users <squid-users@squid-cache.org>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs or bug-fixes to Squid Bugs <squid-bugs@squid-cache.org> or ideas for new improvements to Squid Developers <squid-dev@squid- cache.org> SEE ALSO
squid(8) Version 1.0 19 March 2006 squid_session(8)