Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parse file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse file Post 302112349 by matrixmadhan on Tuesday 27th of March 2007 01:10:25 PM
Old 03-27-2007
Code:
awk '{ if ( $0 ~ "^ADDRS" ) { print; getline tmp; print tmp } }' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

12 Ways to Parse a file

A common thing in shell scripting. I came across this script that will be useful for people learning to write script. #!/usr/bin/ksh # # SCRIPT: 12_ways_to_parse.ksh.ksh # # # REV: 1.2.A # # PURPOSE: This script shows the different ways of reading # a file line by line. Again... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to parse the file

# Start "ABC" SFFd 0 4 Time SFFT 4 8 {Sec} User SFFTimeVal 12 8 {Sec} # Start "CP" SFFT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsharan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file from remote server to calculate count of string existence in that file

Hi I need to parse the file of same name which exist on different servers and calculate the count of string existed in both files. Say a file abc.log exist on 2 servers. I want to search for string "test" on both files and calculate the total count of search string's existence. For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to parse the jil file into an excel file

Hi I have the following as input /* ----------------- backupJIL ----------------- */ insert_job: backupJIL job_type: c command: autorep -J ALL -q > /home/autosys/...p/autosys_jil_bk machine: machine owner: autosys@machine permission: gx,ge,wx,we date_conditions: 1 days_of_week:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file

FILE1 2917,065A,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,05E:0_10E:0,BL_lmwsp02,0345,xxx,3452(DR) 2917,03EA,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0455,xxx,3ee4(DR) 2917,03EB,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0345,xxx,2d34(DR)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse file names

trying to parse out all parts of this file name. REC=`echo "CAMXI.F0150.txt" | sed 's/.*\(*\).*/\1/'` export "FLRECL=$REC" FLECL=0150 I can get the numbers 0150 out of the file name. But need to capture first 5 bytes and extension. So i would export 3 variables (name, length, extension)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rapalanlord
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse fasta file to tabular file

Hello, A bioperl problem I thought could be done with awk: convert the fasta format (Note: the length of each row is not the same for each entry as they were combined from different files!) to tabular format. input.fasta: >YAL069W-1.334 Putative promoter sequence... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file using awk

Hi Experts, I am trying to parse the following file; FILEA a|b|c|c|c|c a|b|d|d|d|d e|f|a|a|a|a e|f|b|b|b|boutput expected: a<TAB>b <TAB><TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB> <TAB><TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB> e<TAB>f <TAB><TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB> <TAB><TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a file?

Hi guys I have a very long file which looks like this: y893 89:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y895 90:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y897 90:send prctmgr exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies
ucblinks(1B)                                         SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                         ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)