Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE root folders group changed in SUSE linux Post 302112323 by bin-doph on Tuesday 27th of March 2007 09:13:59 AM
Old 03-27-2007
use Console;

goto a console (f.e. ctrl+alt+f2) login as root and chgrp your directory?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

what impact root gid changed from other to root is?

> id root 0(root) 1(other) From CIS scanning result"it should make sure the root's gid is equal to 0", so I don't know what's the impact for that change to whole system? BTW, why is there a group named other under solaris? what does group "other" do ? Thanks very much! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
3 Replies

2. SuSE

Resize Root Filesystem in SUSE Linux

Hello Experts, I am very new to unix environment. Root filesystem in one of our Linux boxes has almost reached 100%. is there a procedure/ way to resize the root filesystem. ****************************************************** ld8331:/ # df -h|more Filesystem Size Used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok1784
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSE-11 Ownership of files having root got changed

Hi Experts, I have create a new user with uid and gid as 0 in SuSE-11 Server. After that all the files having root owner ship are showing as new user name as owner. If I login as root, and type 'id' command, it also shows the new user. Sample output from my server. host:~ # id uid=0(test)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinable
4 Replies

4. AIX

Root password changed but old one still works

Hello i am running AIX 6.1. i recently changed the root password using passwd and pwdadm. while the new password works fine, i am still able to login using the old password. is there anyway this can disabled\fixed thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnlsingh
5 Replies
readkey(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  readkey(3alleg4)

NAME
readkey - Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int readkey(); DESCRIPTION
Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer, in ASCII format. If the buffer is empty, it waits until a key is pressed. You can see if there are queued keypresses with keypressed(). The low byte of the return value contains the ASCII code of the key, and the high byte the scancode. The scancode remains the same whatever the state of the shift, ctrl and alt keys, while the ASCII code is affected by shift and ctrl in the normal way (shift changes case, ctrl+letter gives the position of that letter in the alphabet, eg. ctrl+A = 1, ctrl+B = 2, etc). Pressing alt+key returns only the scan- code, with a zero ASCII code in the low byte. For example: int val; ... val = readkey(); if ((val & 0xff) == 'd') /* by ASCII code */ allegro_message("You pressed 'd' "); if ((val >> 8) == KEY_SPACE) /* by scancode */ allegro_message("You pressed Space "); if ((val & 0xff) == 3) /* ctrl+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Control+C "); if (val == (KEY_X << 8)) /* alt+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Alt+X "); This function cannot return character values greater than 255. If you need to read Unicode input, use ureadkey() instead. SEE ALSO
install_keyboard(3alleg4), ureadkey(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), clear_keybuf(3alleg4), simulate_keypress(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 readkey(3alleg4)