Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh/sftp failure connection
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ssh/sftp failure connection Post 302112199 by Sowser on Monday 26th of March 2007 03:12:06 PM
Old 03-26-2007
the fix

cd into the directory. vi the known_hosts files. get to the hostname entry and remove that line. then retry your session. you just need to take it out to set up a new trust relationship from the server your on to the server your going to.

-S

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Intermittent Printer connection failure

Hi There What causes the remote printers on unix to loose its connections to the Unix server Sco 6 Version 7 When pinging the print server from unix is comes up with host not connected, but after a few moments the ping reply is positive Then we do a disable and enable of the said printer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password less connection(sftp/ssh)

Dear All, I'm trying to configure a passwordless connection between two servers of HP-UX. i have srearched the configuration in google so many times and as per the guidence i have done all the steps, but still its not working and every time it is asking for password while trying to scp some file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrying a remote connection after failure

Hi all, I am new to this forum and want an urgent help from you experts. I am currently using SunOs 5.10. I have a .cfi file which contains some commands to be executed in a node(MSC node in telecom) To connect to a node (for eg node name is MSC1) we have a shell script that has the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: interceptor16
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Success/failure status of telnet connection

Hi, I am running a shell script which will spawn the telnet and login. But sometimes, the telnet session itself is not getting spawned. My requirement is, if the telnet session is not spawned, the user must be notified that it failed. Is there any command to capture the status of telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp failure

Hello, Sometimes when i execute my shell that makes sftp it gives me this error: Couldn't close file: Failure. What does it mean?, how can i make sure it will do ok?. Bye (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubber08
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh/sftp connection refused

Hi all, I logged on to a Unix server and am trying to connect a remote Windows server (Windows NT) via SSH/SFTP. However I always got the following error, sftp username@host_server (or ssh username@host_server) ssh: connect to host host_server port 22: Connection refused Any advise... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Failure

Hi , I need to write a IF condition to know if a SFTP file transfer is successful or not and send email if its failed. `sftp username@servername <<comm1 cd /directory put filename comm1 bye` I use above commands for my connections. So please help me to write a IF statement. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna87
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
NE_SESSION_CREATE(3)						neon API reference					      NE_SESSION_CREATE(3)

NAME
ne_session_create, ne_close_connection, ne_session_proxy, ne_session_destroy - set up HTTP sessions SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_session.h> ne_session *ne_session_create (const char *scheme, const char *hostname, unsigned int port); void ne_session_proxy (ne_session *session, const char *hostname, unsigned int port); void ne_close_connection (ne_session *session); void ne_session_destroy (ne_session *session); DESCRIPTION
An ne_session object represents an HTTP session - a logical grouping of a sequence of HTTP requests made to a certain server. Any requests made using the session can use a persistent connection, share cached authentication credentials and any other common attributes. A new HTTP session is created using ne_session_create, giving the hostname and port of the server to use, along with the scheme used to contact the server (usually "http"). Before the first use of ne_session_create in a process, ne_sock_init(3) must have been called to per- form any global initialization needed by any libraries used by neon. To enable SSL/TLS for the session, pass the string "https" as the scheme parameter, and either register a certificate verification function (see ne_ssl_set_verify(3)) or trust the appropriate certificate (see ne_ssl_trust_cert(3), ne_ssl_trust_default_ca(3)). If an HTTP proxy server should be used for the session, ne_session_proxy must be called giving the hostname and port on which to contact the proxy. If it is known that the session will not be used for a significant period of time, ne_close_connection can be called to close the connec- tion, if one remains open. Use of this function is entirely optional, but it must not be called if there is a request active using the ses- sion. Once a session has been completed, ne_session_destroy must be called to destroy the resources associated with the session. Any subsequent use of the session pointer produces undefined behaviour. NOTES
The hostname passed to ne_session_create is resolved when the first request using the session is dispatched; a DNS resolution failure can only be detected at that time (using the NE_LOOKUP error code); see ne_request_dispatch(3) for details. RETURN VALUES
ne_session_create will return a pointer to a new session object (and never NULL). EXAMPLES
Create and destroy a session: ne_session *sess; sess = ne_session_create("http", "host.example.com", 80); /* ... use sess ... */ ne_session_destroy(sess); SEE ALSO
ne_ssl_set_verify(3), ne_ssl_trust_cert(3), ne_sock_init(3) AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@webdav.org>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWneon | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Neon is available on http://opensolaris.org. neon 0.25.5 20 January 2006 NE_SESSION_CREATE(3)