Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to configure mailx command?? Post 302112164 by sysgate on Monday 26th of March 2007 09:30:12 AM
Old 03-26-2007
Can you please paste the script ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command

Hi friends, i have seen the following line in some unix shell script . can some one explain me what exactly the statement is meant for ? ========================================================= mailx -s " Master Data Transmission Report for $TODAY at $TIME " < /etc/tr/tmp/$tmplog... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command

Hi, This post is regarding sending mails from Unix. How can we include "bcc" in a "mailx" command. I searched google to find out the -b option; but my man pages doesnot show that option(it throws me an error: "-b not found"). It has a "~b" option but i am not sure how to use it. Could you people... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thumban
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Configure mailx or sendmail

hi, I would like to configure mailx or sendmail to send out some mails to some users. I tried searching online for the configuration but it was kinda confusing. I thought that posting here might get someone to work with me step by step I tried sending out mail but i did not receive in my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cghcgh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Mailx command

HI All, I have an unix server , where sendmail command works for sending mail. But if i use mailx command it is not working. Is there any specific settings needed for this. Kindly help. Thanks and Regards Rj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

6. Solaris

mailx command

Dear all, Every time if i use mailx it is asking for entering the From Address. I want to set it in some place, So that it will take it by default whenever we send mails. Pl help on this. Regards JeganR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command

( cat textfile.txt; ) | mailx -s "test mail " `cat mailids.lst` from :'server@example.com' to : for all contacts in text file mailids.lst above command is sending mails correctly for all contacts in text file mailids.lst, but 'from' address is showing as 'server@example.com' but i want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Mailx command

Using RHEL 5.5 New to using 'mailx' Was trying to check if mailx is configured. mailx command gives a list of unread mails. Now I tried to send mail using this command to a local or on network machine using mailx -s "Test2" "root@<servername>" But did not receive any message. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure mailx in Solaris 10

Hello, We are using exchange server in our environment. I need to configure mailx to send email from Solaris box to one mail I'd which is on exchange server. I know ip of exchange server.. Let me know where should I configure that ip to do the needful? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
2 Replies