Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SETI Finds Stolen Laptop
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements SETI Finds Stolen Laptop Post 302112146 by blowtorch on Monday 26th of March 2007 07:40:47 AM
Old 03-26-2007
Yeah, this story was there on slashdot a couple of weeks ago... pretty cool!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS finds a ghost?

Hello, I have problems executing a script in ksh with this script named process.sh: ps -ef | grep process.sh | grep -v grep | wc -l | read a if then echo "The script is running" exit 0 fiThe problem is that when I execute the script, sometimes it shows the message "The script is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jguirao
10 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine multiple finds into 1-liner

How to combine 3 find statements into 1-liner? find statements: cd ${dir1} ; find . ! -name . -prune -type f | xargs file | grep -i ascii | cut -f1 -d: | xargs grep -l "${searchtxt}" cd ${dir2} ; find . ! -name . -prune -type f | xargs file | grep -i ascii | cut -f1 -d: | xargs grep -l... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -size -7M finds files, but won't cp them all

If I run: find /somefolder -type f -size -7M | wc -l I get 73594 files But when I run find /somefolder -type f -size -7M -exec /bin/cp -v {} /someotherfolder/ \; it only copies 38891 of the files to the folder, why? There's a mix of all types of files in /somefolder. Is there some other... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed finds nothing but it changes file's timestamp

I must go through some files to change a certain string within text files to another string. I use openSUSE and folders are mounted by cifs. Text to be replaced (only in .m extension) is U:\FOLDER and new string is N: That works fine with spaces in directory names etc., but this process ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pappa41
5 Replies

6. BSD

Compiling BOINC/Seti@Home for OpenBSD 5.3 Sparc64

I used to use x86 Linux clients for this years ago, but ceased all activity until last night. I have resurrected an old Sun Blade 100, which used to run Solaris 9, when I first owned it, in the 2003 period, but now is very much alive with 2 gig of new ram, and and extra 10 gig of drive space... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichardET
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finds all duplicate files

Hi, How would you write bash script that given a directory as an argument and finds all duplicate files (with same contents - by using bytewise comparison) there and prints their names? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elior
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command finds some, misses some

The contents of my home directory: bin Desktop Documents Downloads folders Music Pictures Public Templates Videos When I run the command for file in /home/myself/*d*; do if ; then echo $file; fi; doneit finds /home/myself/Downloads /home/myself/Videos but not "folders". ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
5 Replies
Time::Seconds(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Time::Seconds(3pm)

NAME
Time::Seconds - a simple API to convert seconds to other date values SYNOPSIS
use Time::Piece; use Time::Seconds; my $t = localtime; $t += ONE_DAY; my $t2 = localtime; my $s = $t - $t2; print "Difference is: ", $s->days, " "; DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Time::Piece distribution. It allows the user to find out the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks or years in a given number of seconds. It is returned by Time::Piece when you delta two Time::Piece objects. Time::Seconds also exports the following constants: ONE_DAY ONE_WEEK ONE_HOUR ONE_MINUTE ONE_MONTH ONE_YEAR ONE_FINANCIAL_MONTH LEAP_YEAR NON_LEAP_YEAR Since perl does not (yet?) support constant objects, these constants are in seconds only, so you cannot, for example, do this: "print ONE_WEEK->minutes;" METHODS
The following methods are available: my $val = Time::Seconds->new(SECONDS) $val->seconds; $val->minutes; $val->hours; $val->days; $val->weeks; $val->months; $val->financial_months; # 30 days $val->years; $val->pretty; # gives English representation of the delta The usual arithmetic (+,-,+=,-=) is also available on the objects. The methods make the assumption that there are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365.24225 days in a year and 12 months in a year. (from The Calendar FAQ at http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html) AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org Tobias Brox, tobiasb@tobiasb.funcom.com BalieXXzs SzabieXX (dLux), dlux@kapu.hu LICENSE
Please see Time::Piece for the license. Bugs Currently the methods aren't as efficient as they could be, for reasons of clarity. This is probably a bad idea. perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 Time::Seconds(3pm)