Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH login verification
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH login verification Post 302112066 by ennstate on Sunday 25th of March 2007 01:53:35 PM
Old 03-25-2007
But the above command will prompt for password,if the user is authenticated then the echo command is executed on the remote host and exits.It will not establish a sesssion on the remote host.

Thanks
Nagarajan Ganesan.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with ssh login

hi, i have red hat RHEL-5 on my machine, i ma trying to ssh login on remote machine root@localhost~]# ssh ip_address(of remote machine) it works fine if i know the password, i use wireless network so the ip keeps on changing,so is there any way to access the machine with some unique name, which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankita tux
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

help with ssh login

hi, to ssh login i give the command.. root@localhost~] # ssh ip_add it allows me to login on a remote machine if i know the password, but i work on wireless network so the ip keeps on changing for the remote machine, how can i access that machine with some unique name , that does not changes.i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankita tux
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh login help

I would like to login to host and once logged into host would like to run script. i.e "ssh hostname -l username /opt/share/scripts/vol" Can someone please have this run as script .. Many Thanks -sam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

telnet login successful ,but ssh can not login

why I can login by telnet using root account but when i use login by ssh using root account it is not successful ,is it different password i am sure ssh service is started (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

issues with ssh login

I have a Rhel 3 machine. I can login to it through telnet. The config files /etc/ssh/sshd_config and /etc/ssh/ssh_config has not been modified. But the IP address of the system was changed. Could this be issue? It was earlier configured for passwordless login(dsa). I tried moving the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh login

Hi, I am trying to login Server2 from server1 in a shell script and need to perfrom few commands, Below is the command i used to login to server2 from server1 ssh -l username server2 However everytime it executes it asking for password. How do write a script in such way it takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

ssh problem could not login

Dear all, I have unknowingly deleted openssh-server on one of my linux boxes... So I could not do ssh in to this machine and also could not scp to it. Now I need to copy and install openssh-server in this box.. How could I do as both ssh and scp is not working. Even FTP is also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting ssh to try login only once

spawn ssh remotehost -l skysmart when the password is incorrect, this will attempt to log in 2 more times, before it exits. is there an option I can pass to ssh that'll make it try only once and will then abort immediately if the password is incorrect? something like: spawn ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Server login verification

Hi , How to ensure the server i logged in OS cluster ? Is there any command to verify that ? Regards, maddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Need to login without password using ssh

I am using redhat 6.4 and i want to login ssh without password kindly guide me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies
XRLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							XRLOGIN(1)

NAME
xrlogin - start an xterm that uses ssh (or optionally rlogin or telnet) to connect to a remote host SYNOPSIS
xrlogin [-l username] [-rlogin|-telnet] [xterm options] remote-host DESCRIPTION
Xrlogin opens an xterm window and runs ssh, rlogin or telnet to login to a remote host. Xrlogin automatically passes the -name argument to xterm with a value of "xterm-hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This allows the user to specify resources in their server's resource manager which are specific to xterms from a given host. For example, this feature can be used to make all xterm windows to a given remote host be the same color or use a specific font or start up in a spe- cific place on the screen. Xrsh(1) passes the same string so they are compatible in this regard. Xrlogin specifies that the default title for the new xterm will be "hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This and the -name argument above can be overridden with xterm-options on the command line. One could also use xrlogin's sister command xrsh(1) to open a window to a remote host. In the case of xrsh, the xterm would run on the remote host and use X as the connection protocol while xrlogin would run the xterm on the local host and use rlogin or telnet as the con- nection protocol. See xrsh(1) for a discussion of the merits of each scheme. OPTIONS
-l username When not using -telnet, use username as the id to login to the remote host. -rlogin Use the rlogin protocol to open the connection. In general rlogin is preferred because it can be configured to not prompt the user for a password. Rlogin also automatically propagates window size change signals (SIGWINCH) to the remote host so that applications running there will learn of a new window size. -telnet Use the -telnet protocol to open the connection. Use of telnet provided mostly for hosts that don't support rlogin. COMMON PROBLEMS
Make sure that the local host is specified in the .rhosts file on the remote host or in the remote hosts /etc/hosts.equiv file. See rlogin(1) for more information. EXAMPLES
xrlogin -bg red yoda Start a local red xterm which connects to the remote host yoda using rlogin. xrlogin -telnet c70 Open a local xterm which connects to the remote host c70 using telnet. SEE ALSO
xrsh(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1) AUTHOR
James J. Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com> and Stephen Gildea <gildea@intouchsys.com>. X Version 11 Release 6 XRLOGIN(1)