Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH login verification
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH login verification Post 302112058 by sriram003 on Sunday 25th of March 2007 11:23:44 AM
Old 03-25-2007
Java SSH login verification

I need to write a script that check users authenting to a particular server

ssh -l [user] [servername]

if sucessfull

echo loggin sucess

else

echo login invalid

Any Suggestions ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with ssh login

hi, i have red hat RHEL-5 on my machine, i ma trying to ssh login on remote machine root@localhost~]# ssh ip_address(of remote machine) it works fine if i know the password, i use wireless network so the ip keeps on changing,so is there any way to access the machine with some unique name, which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankita tux
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

help with ssh login

hi, to ssh login i give the command.. root@localhost~] # ssh ip_add it allows me to login on a remote machine if i know the password, but i work on wireless network so the ip keeps on changing for the remote machine, how can i access that machine with some unique name , that does not changes.i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankita tux
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh login help

I would like to login to host and once logged into host would like to run script. i.e "ssh hostname -l username /opt/share/scripts/vol" Can someone please have this run as script .. Many Thanks -sam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

telnet login successful ,but ssh can not login

why I can login by telnet using root account but when i use login by ssh using root account it is not successful ,is it different password i am sure ssh service is started (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

issues with ssh login

I have a Rhel 3 machine. I can login to it through telnet. The config files /etc/ssh/sshd_config and /etc/ssh/ssh_config has not been modified. But the IP address of the system was changed. Could this be issue? It was earlier configured for passwordless login(dsa). I tried moving the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh login

Hi, I am trying to login Server2 from server1 in a shell script and need to perfrom few commands, Below is the command i used to login to server2 from server1 ssh -l username server2 However everytime it executes it asking for password. How do write a script in such way it takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

ssh problem could not login

Dear all, I have unknowingly deleted openssh-server on one of my linux boxes... So I could not do ssh in to this machine and also could not scp to it. Now I need to copy and install openssh-server in this box.. How could I do as both ssh and scp is not working. Even FTP is also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting ssh to try login only once

spawn ssh remotehost -l skysmart when the password is incorrect, this will attempt to log in 2 more times, before it exits. is there an option I can pass to ssh that'll make it try only once and will then abort immediately if the password is incorrect? something like: spawn ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Server login verification

Hi , How to ensure the server i logged in OS cluster ? Is there any command to verify that ? Regards, maddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Need to login without password using ssh

I am using redhat 6.4 and i want to login ssh without password kindly guide me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access SYNOPSIS
chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user> git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git ssh <user>@localhost DESCRIPTION
This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory. COMMANDS
git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option: git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument> Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request. cvs server Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1). If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command> <arguments>" from the user's home directory. INTERACTIVE USE
By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive. If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection. Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions. If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted. EXAMPLE
To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead: + $ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF #!/bin/sh printf '%s ' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not" printf '%s ' "provide interactive shell access." exit 128 EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login SEE ALSO
ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-SHELL(1)