Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment Post 302111989 by G-Man on Friday 23rd of March 2007 07:13:13 PM
Old 03-23-2007
Thanks. Tested with it after modifying for AIX uuencode syntax. Didn't work but we are really close.

This particular html document is actually a "Save As" from a Microsoft Word document and it appears that Microsoft puts some additional HTML kung-fu in the header that that doesn't fully comply with the RFC.

Any chance you can give me the correct mime syntax to use a Microsoft Word document for the message body instead of the HTML?

BTW, the correct AIX uuencode syntax for base 64 is:
uuencode -m input_file output_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an attachment and html text both in the same mail

Hi all, I am working on UNIX (Solaris28). I would like to send an email in which the body will be in html format and, in the same mail, a xls file has to be attached. I have tried this: the file is correctly attached but the body comes as html source and not formatted. If I do not attach the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefan.yu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with html attachment and html body

Hi folks, I have a perl script which sends out email after successful completion of job as inline html, I want to send it out as two parts now as html inline and html attachment. see the attached script. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send attachment and body in one mail using mailx

Hi, Our requirement is to send an attachment and content in a single mail. I am using the below command to send attachement. --------------------- (uuencode $exp_file $exp_file) |mailx -s "$email_subject" $EmailRecipients -------------------- I m not able to send any message in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail with inline html along with attachment. Please help!

The below code is not working. I am able to send only inline html or only attachment. When trying to do both, only inline html is sent without attachment. Please help! #!/bin/ksh (echo "Subject: Test Mail - HTML Format" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with HTML body and attachment

I have an HTML file I am currently sending in the body of an email. I now have a need to send a csv attachment along with it. I can ONLY use sendmail as mutt and xmail etc are not on the server. Here is what I am currently using: It is possible to add code to add an attachment ??!? { ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue to attachment with HTML body

HI Team, I used below code to get attachment with HTML body. i having21062013.csv file . but i am getting junk .csv file. Can you please help me out. export MAILTO=rp908@gmail.com.com export SUBJECT="Test Waiver Code email" export BODY=test.html export ATTACH=21062013.csv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command

Hi All, In my .ksh script, I am sending an email with body and attachment (.txt) using sendmail command. I am able to receive the attachement along with the body of the mail. But I am getting special characters along with the content in the .txt. Also the alignment is incorrect. Can you please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRR
7 Replies