Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copy multiple files in different directories Post 302111962 by ken2834 on Friday 23rd of March 2007 02:57:54 PM
Old 03-23-2007
nevermind

duh, all i needed to do was:

cp .../blah_blah/Y07/*/report*.tab /new_directory/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy single file to multiple directories

Please help - I need to copy a single file to multiple directories. Dir structure: Parent_Directoy Filename1 Child_Directory1 Child_Directory2 Child_Directory3 Child_Directory4 .... So I need to copy Filename1 to all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Directories excluding files

Hi guys, I want to copy folder and sub folders only. I don't want the files. If i use cp -r command it will copy entirely with files. Could any one suggest me. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik82
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name but different in the end i have files in directory called test: 10_10_asdadfsdfad.txt 10_10_11_asdawqefwkjasd.txt 10_10_11_12_asdafjjhoqwd.txt i want to put them in exist directory thart i have on my system i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t17
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy one folder to multiple directories

Hello, I have a small question and i hope someone can help me, if i have 200 domains directories in my server under this directory something like now how i can copy one folder i have to this directories? Thank You (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GamGom
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from multiple directories into one directory without overwriting them

I have several directories and all those directories have .dat files in them. I want to copy all those .dat files to one directory say "collected_directory" The problem is I don't want to overwrite files. So, if two file names match, I don't want the old file to be overwritten with a new one. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files/directories excluding multiple paterns

my directory structure is like below: basedir\ p.txt q.htm r.java b\ abc.htm xyz.java c\ p.htm q.java rst.txt my requirement is i want to copy all the files and directories... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy file using unix in multiple directories

Hi All Genious, I want to copy a file name XYZ .In a directory /HOME/dir/IXOS1/dir1 which contain multiple directories named not in pattern want to copy the XYZ in all of the directories available on path /HOME/dir/IXOS1/dir1 . Thanks in advance . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files in respective directories

Hi Guys, I need to copy the files to respective directories based on name of the file. My script is something like below con=$1 for file in `cat $con` do file_tmp=$(ls -t1 $path| grep -i $file | head -n 1) echo $file_tmp if then cp $path$file_tmp $DIR/ap if then... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy particular files from a multiple directories and paste in a new directory?

Dear all I have a multiple directories, say for example org1, org2, org3 ..... org100 and each directory having a file namely dnaG.fasta. I need to copy all the dnaG.fasta file from each directory and paste in another directory fastconcatg. Therefore, my script has to copy dnaG.fasta file from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
5 Replies
XmAddTabGroup(3X)														 XmAddTabGroup(3X)

NAME
XmAddTabGroup - A function that adds a manager or a primitive widget to the list of tab groups SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> void XmAddTabGroup (tab_group) Widget tab_group; DESCRIPTION
This function is obsolete and its behavior is replaced by setting XmNnavigationType to XmEXCLUSIVE_TAB_GROUP. When using the keyboard to traverse through a widget hierarchy, primitive or manager widgets are grouped together into what are known as tab groups. Any manager or primitive widget can be a tab group. Within a tab group, move the focus to the next widget within the tab group by using the arrow keys. To move to another tab group, use KNextField or KPrevField. Tab groups are ordinarily specified by the XmNnavigationType resource. XmAddTabGroup is called to control the order of traversal of tab groups. The widget specified by tab_group is appended to the list of tab groups to be traversed, and the widget's XmNnavigationType is set to XmEXCLUSIVE_TAB_GROUP. Specifies the manager or primitive widget ID. SEE ALSO
XmManager(3X), XmGetTabGroup(3X), XmPrimitive(3X), XmRemoveTabGroup(3X) XmAddTabGroup(3X)